Internet required.

jlj1950
Go to solution Solved by jlj1950,

My ISP has been dropping out late at night periodically, the last couple of weeks.

Tonight I noticed the LG Emby app stopped working and my ISP has slowed speed down to almost nothing. The connection is listed as open but nothing moves. Maybe a few kb/sec. The Windows app still works with my TV though.
This brings up the question of connectivity.

Do both the Windows app,  and the LG app work on wifi or LAN?

Is internet access required? My home wifi is working and my laptop and TV recognize the connection. But, again, nothing's moving.

The LG app opens, but most of the lower images are missing and only a small icon shows. Similar to HTML when an image is missing.

Edited by jlj1950
Addition

The LG app opens, but most of the lower images are missing and only a small icon shows.

Hi, what lower images do you mean?

54 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what lower images do you mean?

At the top are images representing the libraries (my drives). Then something like "Continue watching". From there and down appear to be  images taken from random videos. Thise images were replaced by HTML-like place markers for missing images. This is one of the things that cued me to look for a break in internet service. I got the impression the screen was showing stored inages in the first two rows and markers for variable images.  I'm referring to the web app in the browser version.

Edited by jlj1950

On 2/20/2022 at 1:56 AM, jlj1950 said:

At the top are images representing the libraries (my drives). Then something like "Continue watching". From there and down appear to be  images taken from random videos. Thise images were replaced by HTML-like place markers for missing images. This is one of the things that cued me to look for a break in internet service. I got the impression the screen was showing stored inages in the first two rows and markers for variable images.  I'm referring to the web app in the browser version.

On re-examination, the phenomenon occurred in the TV. The icons have since disappeared and been replaced by proper images. Ergo the issue was one of time.

For this reason and the 4K HEVC halts, which are back, I'm going to try another, faster browser such as Firefox or Opera, If that does not work, I may try running Emby on a Raspberry Pi 4b.

I'm beginning to suspect the combinatipon of sever drives and a 2008 laptop is not going to work as well as I had hoped.

IMG_3192.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

• Solution

Hello,

Thanks for responding. I have since been able to run Emby over wifi without an internet connection. As a matter of fact I'm doing that now.

I believe that the system needed several days to stabilize. The cost of a new opsys and a 2008 laptop is time and patience, I suppose.

I tried Win7 but that opsys is incompatible and Win 10 employs automatic updates, regardless of the computer's ability to run the updated system.

All issues seem resolved.

Edited by jlj1950