Please add the ability to disable the "On Now" row from the home page

BillOatman

BillOatman

Please add the ability to disable the "On Now" row from the home page while leaving Live TV.
Making it selectable by user like the others would be great.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Ronstang

I agree, while this information may be useful to some it is not to me or my family.  It is kind of like the home screen on AndroidTV with all the crap they suggest....in order to get your kids to beg for a new streaming subscription weekly.  Albeit is is not ads it is still information of little value unless it is specific to your favorite channels only but mine is populated with programs and channels I would never watch.

• Agree 1

pünktchen

So different are opinions... I'd like to remove the live tv buttons row (programs, guide, schedules) but keep the On Now row sorted by last played channels, independent of the guide sort order.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Ronstang
2 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

So different are opinions... I'd like to remove the live tv buttons row (programs, guide, schedules) but keep the On Now row sorted by last played channels, independent of the guide sort order.

EXACTLY....which is why all of these things should be options.  With software like emby, which I love even with it's shortcomings, I don't see a reason why choosing what to display and what not to display on the home screen cannot all be options.  I know nothing of coding so I don't know how hard it would be but considering the target market for emby the more customizable the more marketable in my opinion.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
21 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

I share same preference there.  

On 1/23/2022 at 2:26 AM, GrimReaper said:

And it just shows how we each use it differently, I am extremely irritated by those 3 icons while I do like "On Now" row but also cannot get rid of them without sacrificing it. IMHO best way forward would be to split those two into separate Home Screen sections that could be enabled/disabled independently. 

• Like 1

BillOatman
4 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Yup very different.  I find on now 100% useless.  To know that I'd look at the guide :)   That's why there are options :)

16 hours ago, Ronstang said:

unless it is specific to your favorite channels only but mine is populated with programs and channels I would never watch.

How do you have your guide sorted?  It should be showing the channels in the same order as that.  So, if you sort  your guide with favorites at the top, that's what you will see in On Now too.

I already asked it in different sections here but what will be perfect for me is that in this option "On NOW", it can be splitted by TV tags like On now on Cinema TV, On now on Sports TV, On now on music TV, etc.... 

Ronstang
On 2/20/2022 at 8:30 AM, ebr said:

How do you have your guide sorted?  It should be showing the channels in the same order as that.  So, if you sort  your guide with favorites at the top, that's what you will see in On Now too.

I have it sorted by a few favorite channels at the top....and although those show first in "On Now" after them is an endless array of useless channels.  Personally I don't want "On Now" at all.  It just wastes home screen space for something I never use and won't use.  I don't care what is on now as my favorite channels are the ones I record everything I want from so in a short time they are going to be HEVC files in my library.  I rarely watch TV live.

• Agree 1

BillOatman
8 hours ago, TvDamn said:

I already asked it in different sections here but what will be perfect for me is that in this option "On NOW", it can be splitted by TV tags like On now on Cinema TV, On now on Sports TV, On now on music TV, etc.... 

Or none of the above :)

• Agree 1