Emby crashes after a while - wrong Port? - WDMYCLOUDMIRROR Gen. 2

Augustiner

Augustiner

Hi Emby Team and Users,

since hours I try to run Emby on my WDMYCLOUDMIRROR GEN2 with the latest OS5 version (5.20.113).

I installed Version 4.6.7.0 and tried to configure it using the regular port 8096 - i wasn´t able to get to the dashboard - also i can´t change the ports or do any port forwarding because I´m using a Vodafone Station where I´m not able to make port or port forwarding changes.

After several hours I found out how to change the Emby port via FileZilla - I changed it 9001 and the first time I was able to get into the dashboard (but only with version 4.6.7.0 - the beta 4.7.0.23 wasn´t working for me)

I logged me in, created a libary and then it stuck after a few minutes.

After reinstall I´m able to get to the dashboard again and everything works fine for a few minutes until the loading circle starts to loop again. After a site refresh I´m getting again the same error note like I received before when using the original port 8096 (see attached).

Plex and also Twonky had been working fine without port problems (I installed Plex only for testing).

What do I wrong or where is the problem?

Regards,

Augustiner

image.png.605035356c647bdbcd1a70499e45f659.png

As a test, can you try removing the port mapper plugin, then restart the server and see if that helps? Thanks.

Augustiner

I had to reinstall Emby, deactivated Port-Mapping during the setup process, removed the port mapper plugin and did the restart as adviced.

A few minutes after the restart the dashboard loop came again. After refreshing the page, the error as shown in my entry post came again.

It seems, that Emby hung up?

Btw: this time, I was able to do the setup process via port 8096 if this is important.

Latest log file attached.

embyserver.txt

Augustiner
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Can you try the same with the dlna plugin? Thanks.

Dear Luke,

unfortunately it´s also not the key to solve this problem 😪

Hi, I don't see anything obvious here. One thing you could try is installing the beta server and see how that compares. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
Augustiner

I still tried the several builds over the last half year but couldn´t find a solution.

Now I´d read about IP4 and IP6 and saw, that my Cable Router = Vodafone Station seems to be only using IP6. Could that may be the problem @Luke?

@Augustiner, you should be able to setup port forwarding on the Vodafone Station. This should be the steps to access it:

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.1.1
The Welcome screen appears. Fill in your username and password.  If you haven't set them, try the defaults:
     Defaults: Username: vodafone
     Password: You can find this on the bottom of the modem
Click Log In and hopefully the Overview screen appears
Click the Internet tab
From the left-hand menu, click Port Mapping
The Port Mapping screen should appear to setup forwarding properly.

If you have a problem trying to get this going, send me a PM and I can remote in and give you a hand via TeamViewer.

Concerning the way you were changing the ports via FileZilla. I imagine you were modifying the system.ini file?
You could use filezilla to download a copy a view it.  There are two different set of ports (local & remote) so you want to make sure you change the correct ones.

But I would set them back to normal 8096 and 8920 for both sets and then do the router forwarding instead.

Carlo

• Like 1

Augustiner
On 9/2/2022 at 4:12 AM, cayars said:

@Augustiner, you should be able to setup port forwarding on the Vodafone Station. This should be the steps to access it:

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.1.1
The Welcome screen appears. Fill in your username and password.  If you haven't set them, try the defaults:
     Defaults: Username: vodafone
     Password: You can find this on the bottom of the modem
Click Log In and hopefully the Overview screen appears
Click the Internet tab
From the left-hand menu, click Port Mapping
The Port Mapping screen should appear to setup forwarding properly.

If you have a problem trying to get this going, send me a PM and I can remote in and give you a hand via TeamViewer.

Concerning the way you were changing the ports via FileZilla. I imagine you were modifying the system.ini file?
You could use filezilla to download a copy a view it.  There are two different set of ports (local & remote) so you want to make sure you change the correct ones.

But I would set them back to normal 8096 and 8920 for both sets and then do the router forwarding instead.

Carlo

Dear Carlo,

I tried like suggested, but I do not have the "Port Mapping" Button as you can see in below screenshot:

image.png.7db1a8a865a371d6b895d162e0628202.png

If I would attach the WDMYCLOUDMIRROR to a separate router instead of the Vodafone station directly, would that may help?

Regards,

Augustiner

Looks like other info is missing as well such as IP configuration, DNS setup, reserved IPs, logs, etc..

There should definitely be more screens than just these 3 for Internet.

Augustiner
On 9/4/2022 at 3:09 AM, cayars said:

Looks like other info is missing as well such as IP configuration, DNS setup, reserved IPs, logs, etc..

There should definitely be more screens than just these 3 for Internet.

but there aren't more, unfortunately

5 hours ago, Luke said:

@Augustiner has this helped? Are you still having an issue with this?

unfortunately yes. 

I'll may change my setup and give it a try again, but this may take time.

Anyway, thank you for your great support!

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
Augustiner

Dear @cayars

I installed it again and found out, that the only version which is running, is version 4.6.7.0 on my WDMYCLOUDMIRROR GEN 2 with the current version = 5.24.108.

After a few minutes, the same fault appears again and the server stucks. Then a reinstall of the same version is needed and Emby can be used again for a few minutes.

Unfortuneately I cannot change anything more in that damn Vodafone station.

Attached you can find the current embysever protocol if it helps.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Augustiner

Augustiner

There's just the same version in the beta section like in the regular section (4.7.1.0), no 4.8.0.10. 

May the file wasn't published yet or the link just hadn't been updated?

Sorry it's actually been available this whole time, but the link on the website has been incorrect. Please give it an hour or so and then try again, and it should be up to date. Thanks.

• Like 1

Augustiner

@cayars& @Luke : just for your info: it seems that emby is now running also in my environment with the latest emby beta 4.8.0.10.

Didn´t had to reinstall the latest version since a week. Let me know if you would need any reports and thank you for your assistance!

• Thanks 2