Tizen App Time Sync Problem

Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

App: Tizen 1.2.3

TV: Samsung Q90R

I recorgnized that emby is not getting the correct time if i just turn off the tv while i am in emby on the home screen and not fully quit the app.

If i turn on the tv the next day and open emby it is showing the home screen instant but having the time i turned off the tv at night.

So i need to exit the app and re open it as it seems time check does only happen while opening the app 

Edited by Painkiller8818

Yes, this has happened for a while.  For some reason the interval timer stops when the app is pushed to the background.  I've looked into it a long time ago, but it's a hard one to reproduce.  We need a way to force the clock to refresh when the app comes to the foreground (and to restart the interval timer). 

I wrote something a long time ago, but as it's hard to reproduce I could never really test whether it was effective (it probably was).  I'll see if I can dig it up (or write it again)  

Painkiller8818
55 minutes ago, SamES said:

We need a way to force the clock to refresh when the app comes to the foreground

any way to run the sync function when a library or movie is entered and left? so this should sync as soon as the user changes the screen

I don’t know if you would want it every time, but if the refresh timer kept working you wouldn’t notice a problem

• 2 months later...
Painkiller8818
On 4/26/2022 at 1:47 PM, SamES said:

Is this better in the latest app version?

i will check it, just installed 1.2.7