To thumbnail.. or not to thumbnail

GrimReaper

GrimReaper

Yep, that's surely one handy chapter marker, no doubt there. 😄

484199940_Screenshot2022-02-18224513.thumb.png.45c99bfc77206fa94ac8f7a57f576177.png

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Haha 1

GrimReaper

Yeah, likely. Still funny, though: skip chapter - "Okay, dear guests, that's all folks, finished, good night." 

Edit: Maybe I'll put it on next time the in-laws are visiting. 😇

Edited by GrimReaper
Idea
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...
rbjtech

I lol'd at this - maybe we can modify Introskip for movies and call it Sh*tskip ? 🤣

MrMackey

Is it also possible to recognize the credits in movies with Introskip?
And to use this with the Phillips HUE plugin instead of the fixed Movies Credit Length?
That would be really awesome 😃

Edited by MrMackey

rbjtech
5 hours ago, MrMackey said:

Is it also possible to recognize the credits in movies with Introskip?
And to use this with the Phillips HUE plugin instead of the fixed Movies Credit Length?
That would be really awesome 😃

We couldn't use the Audio finger comparison on the credits as we do for TV Series because there is obviously only one movie - BUT we do also use Black Frame Detection on Credits if the Audio finger printing method fails to work (and for accuracy) - so I think this is technically possible.

It's probably a bit of a niche request though - maybe something to take a look at once Introskip is mainstream in the Core ;)

samuelqwe
14 hours ago, rbjtech said:

We couldn't use the Audio finger comparison on the credits as we do for TV Series because there is obviously only one movie - BUT we do also use Black Frame Detection on Credits if the Audio finger printing method fails to work (and for accuracy) - so I think this is technically possible.

It's probably a bit of a niche request though - maybe something to take a look at once Introskip is mainstream in the Core ;)

Black frame detection likely wouldn’t be accurate enough.

We would have to find another technique, like OCR, or even a combination of multiple techniques to try and pinpoint the credits.

It’s definitely not impossible, just much harder to do than on shows. But maybe we’ll get there at some point.

Edited by samuelqwe
  • Like 1