Can't login remotely

twitchstick

twitchstick

One of my friends can't login to my server remotely thru his TV. He can do it fine using his phone thru the browser. He can see my server when after logging in thru the app on ATV but he keeps getting server unavailable.

pwhodges

Is the server set up to use https?  If so, what is the source of the certificate, and what is the model of the TV?

Some TVs do not accept some Let's Encrypt certificates, because of problems with out-of-date root certificate details.

Paul

twitchstick
5 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Is the server set up to use https?  If so, what is the source of the certificate, and what is the model of the TV?

Some TVs do not accept some Let's Encrypt certificates, because of problems with out-of-date root certificate details.

Paul

Yes it is. I have it running through the revers proxy cloudflare. 

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, twitchstick said:

Yes it is. I have it running through the revers proxy cloudflare. 

Hence the suggestion to load beta app as it should handle certificate issues better.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Trevor68

Just an update on using cloudflare reverse proxy, neither my google tv, nor my android tv can even login locally. Works fine using web, or even my samsung phone though. 

In the end the only way to log these clients in was via Connect. 

18 hours ago, Trevor68 said:

Just an update on using cloudflare reverse proxy, neither my google tv, nor my android tv can even login locally. Works fine using web, or even my samsung phone though. 

In the end the only way to log these clients in was via Connect. 

Hi, so you're all set now?

Trevor68

yes, it got a bit weirder when I realised none of them could playback either, so I have sideloaded the beta onto all 5 devices now and both login and playback is fine. 

• Thanks 1