"Up Next" not working on latest Emby QNAP Package 4.6.7.0

snowypete

snowypete

Hi,

I recently updated to the latest QNAP Emby package (emby-server-qnap_4.6.7.0_x86_64.qpkg) on my TS-453 Pro. I've noticed now that "Up Next" doesn't show up in Kodi anymore. Just shows latest movies/TV shows. I can't remember which version I was running before this (May have been 4.3 something but most likely emby-server-qnap_4.5.2.0_x86_64 as that's the file I had stored in the archive). I did update to the latest QTS as well (5.0.0.1932) before install the latest Emby, but probably coincidence.

I'm using:

• Kodi 18.6 on the TV to access QNAP/Emby Server (same as before)
  • Embycon addon to connect to Emby server - didn't update it although, I think add-ons are set to auto update in Kodi. Its version 1.9.122
  • Using Embuary as the skin for Kodi

When Kodi and skin initially starts, you can see the "Up Next" try and load, spins and doesn't load. There's only "Latest Movies", "Latest TV Shows" displayed (although these come through Embycon as well.

I checked in the Emby Server web UI and "Continue Watching" (which is "Up Next" in Kodi) is there on the main screen

"Up Next" doesn't appear in the Categories either now "Like TV Shows, Movies etc)

Is it a fault with the new Emby server, or is there some setting I might need to check?

Cheers Pete

Edited by snowypete
Title Change

snowypete

Hi Luke,

I took out everything from the log previous to when I started up Kodi (@10:04)

Had a bit of look through the log and didn't see any errors staring out with the NextUp label

Thanks Pete

embyserver.txt

Let's focus on the web app because once that displays the expected result, then Kodi will follow.

Can you please provide discussion of a specific example of what you feel is wrong about your next up list? Thanks.

snowypete

I went into the Dashboard page and did notice that "Up Next" was missing from the Emby Web App home page from when I upgraded. It seems now Embys combining the Up Next into the Continue watching I gather? Although either Kodi or Embycon's not too fond of it as it only displays Continue Watching on items that you've started to watch (not Up Next). I've added it back in again to the Home Page (See image 1). Now the home screen displays correctly (image 2) .

I thought this might correct it, but images 3-5 show how it is displayed on Kodi. As you can see when it's loading, it comes up with the Continue Watching (Same as Web App), tries to open the Up Next (Emby Con), but in the end fails to do so and is skipped in favour of Latest Media (Movies/TV etc).

I've stopped and restarted Emby Server on the QNAP and restarted Kodi on the TV. Kodi still doesn't want to display the Up Next after a restart.

1. Emby Web App Dashboard.png

2. Emby Web App Homescreen.png

3.Kodi TV.JPG

4. Kodi TV.JPG

5. Kodi TV.JPG

snowypete

Yes, it does for the web app - thanks.

Although "Up next" is still not loading in Kodi with embycon like it was in the previous Emby Server?

Even though in the new Emby Server "Continue Watching"+"Up Next" are combined, the "Up next" episodes of shows being watched don't come up in "Continue Watching" watching either in Kodi through embycon.

I wouldn't think I'd have to have the latest version of Kodi as it should only be displaying whats provided by embycon?

Thanks

TeamB

Yes the server now combines them and some changes in embycon were required.

The latest versions of embycon should show next up correctly, to see this is working open the embycon addon and navigate to the next up menu item for tv shows, you should see the list. Embycon stilll splits the list into in progress and next up.

The embuary skin i am not sure about, there is a thread in the kodi area about the skin, it also probably needs the latest version but i am not sure where you can get that as i think the skin is no longer maintained by the original author.

snowypete
12 hours ago, TeamB said:

Yes the server now combines them and some changes in embycon were required.

The latest versions of embycon should show next up correctly, to see this is working open the embycon addon and navigate to the next up menu item for tv shows, you should see the list. Embycon stilll splits the list into in progress and next up.

Thanks @TeamB and @Luke

I checked Embycon as you suggested and "Up Next" is displaying the correct information, just not on Kodi.

The embuary skin i am not sure about, there is a thread in the kodi area about the skin, it also probably needs the latest version but i am not sure where you can get that as i think the skin is no longer maintained by the original author.

I suppose I don't have too many options then.

• Either try the latest Kodi version and see if it works in that (it's just a pain as I have to uninstall Kodi and set it all back up again with Embycon as Kodi doesn't update easily on the TV for some reason)
  • Try and uninstall the Embruary skin and reinstall it perhaps (I'll have a look at the Kodi forum and see if I can find anything about it)
  • See if I can add the "Up Next" function in as a widget in the skin (again, a bit of a pain to do as I'd need to add it to most menu's and the skin invariably resets itself periodically so you loose any settings you make).

snowypete

I had a play around with uninstalling the Embruary skin and reinstalling it (even updating to the latest). It went through it's default setup again, but didn't seem to make much difference.

Going into the Kodi setting for Embruary Home Hub and looking at the options, there's general items (and not all load). There's

• Continue Watching
  • Up Next
  • Up Next (Embycon)
  • Latest Movies
  • Latest Movies (Embycon)
  • etc

Neither of the "Up Next" load correctly and it's strange that the second "Up Next" is pointed to Embycon but still not loaded correctly.

Failing that, I'd seen another post (which I didn't see before I posted my question) when I searched for Kodi Embruary and Up Next. Someone suggested making custom widgets. I did that and managed to get the "Up Next" TV Shows to display. But because I have some shows split out (Like TV Shows, TV Wrestling etc) I've had to create two custom widgets in the skin to display what was previously in the one. There's no option to see the "All TV Shows" Up Next through Embycon, only for the one category.

And as stated in the other post, it does seem to be an issue implementing Embycon in Embruary as in the Estuary (Embycon) skin, the Up Next display correctly. Strange though that it only seem to happen once Continue Watching and Up Next were combined in Emby Server.

TeamB

Yes this all started when the server changed its default api behaviour, clients now need to tell the server to return the old combined style by adding a new parameter  to the api call.

I fixed this in the EmbyCon addon but the Embuary skin has its own way of doing these api calls and needs to be updated. At this point I dont think the author is going to do that as the skin has not been officially updated in a while now.

There is a thread for the Embuary skin here with a bunch of history and info:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49724-support-thread-embuary-a-emby-kodi-skin/