1.0.33 Can't use back button to stop playback, episode info

unisoft

unisoft

1.0.33 here. OLED55C6V using horizontal view (tiled view):

1. Can't use BACK key to stop playback on OLED C6V model. There is no STOP key on the remote. [EDIT: This seemed to only happen after upgrading the app. Even though Tv doesn't do a restart when switching off and on again, it appeared to work OK?????]

2. Descriptions on each TV episode are unreadable because white text colour is now overwritten by large white filled background over the text!

3. Spaces between items look abnormal on horizontal view. Cover art for TV and music, music videos and thumbs no longer have spacing between them making them look odd and over crowded.

4. The bug of too much spacing from top of screen to episode details and buttons is still there meaning scrolling down.

Just 2 minutes into using 1.0.33 and I want to go back to .31 due to point 2 and 3 mainly (thinking that point 1 was just a blip!)

Edited by unisoft
  • Agree 1

Am also having problems with buttons on the new version. So far I have found pause, play and back buttons no longer functional on the remote. 

• Agree 1

unisoft
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes we're looking into this. Thanks.

Checked Emby Theatre, Desktop App, and when it highlights the episode description it changes the font colour to black so you can see it inside the filled (highlight purpose) rectangle which is white.

So the LG app has forgotten to change the text colour to black when highlighting an episode's description. Should be easy fix along with point about waste space above the episode list and button controls. Its seems more space than the other apps.

I've only had the BACK button not work to stop playback the first time after the app upgraded. When I switched TV off into standby and on again it seems to behave now but the TV doesn't even reload WebOS in this scenario. I'll monitor and report if this is an intermittent thing on my model. Fingers crossed it was a one off!

• Thanks 1

Also the Channel Up/Down Buttons are not working anymore 😞
In previous versions of the Emby App these buttons could be used to jump from chapter to chapter during playback.

And when there haven't been any chapters defined the Volume Up/Down Buttons could be used to jump through a movie in 5 Minute Steps.

With 1.0.33 these buttons have no effect during playback anymore

Edited by nanuk

unisoft
3 hours ago, nanuk said:

Also the Volume Up/Down Buttons are not working anymore 😞
In previous versions of the Emby App these buttons could be used to jump from chapter to chapter during playback.

And when there haven't been any chapters defined the Volume Up/Down Buttons could be used to jump through a movie in 5 Minute Steps.

With 1.0.33 these buttons have no effect during playback anymore

Do you know, I never knew that LOL

Been using Emby for a few years now and wondered why back and forth was only settable as up to 30 seconds.

20 hours ago, nanuk said:

Also the Volume Up/Down Buttons are not working anymore 😞

Are you sure?  Volume up/down should always have changed the volume.  In fact, I don't think that's even a key we can override if we wanted to.

1 hour ago, SamES said:

Are you sure?  Volume up/down should always have changed the volume.  In fact, I don't think that's even a key we can override if we wanted to.

Of course you're right... I ment the Channel Up/Down Buttons NOT the Vol Up/Down Buttons, sorry 😉

That makes sense. 

From my recollection, this functionality was happening by accident. It wasn’t coded that way, and isn’t a default navigation method in other Emby clients. 

Recent work to clean up the key mappings which will make all the clients more consistent and easier to maintain has probably bought this into line with the other clients. 

While it might be a nice addition to all clients, I can see that it might cause issues down the track if live tv playback one day supports changing channels from within the player, in which case, that’s what these keys would be used for. 

5 hours ago, TTLucian said:

Play button on LG magic remote is not working on latest Emby version. Previous version was working fine. 

What model TV?

JacquesSullivan
14 minutes ago, SamES said:

What model TV?

For me, the five media buttons on the remote (play, stop, pause, forward, backward) don't work any more (pause works the first time, then no any more).

Model TV : LG 49UM7000PLA and LG 49UM7000PLA.

Model Remote : LG AKB73975728, LG AKB75675301, LG AKB75675311

Excuse for my bad english (I speak french from Belgium 😉).

Edited by JacquesSullivan
complete my response

unisoft

On OLED55C6V, the CH+ and CH- arrow keys no longer do paging up and down when looking at lists of stuff.

It seems to lose the focus on the page after using it twice to page down as an example.

I noticed this first when trying to use it in TV Library, this bit is going to be real annoying as lots of down arrow instead.

7 hours ago, unisoft said:

On OLED55C6V, the CH+ and CH- arrow keys no longer do paging up and down when looking at lists of stuff.

It seems to lose the focus on the page after using it twice to page down as an example.

I noticed this first when trying to use it in TV Library, this bit is going to be real annoying as lots of down arrow instead.

Can you confirm?  It sounds like this works initially, then stops when it loses focus?

If you exit the library, then go back in again, does it again work initially?

Just trying to work out if this is a remote/key issue, or an issue with losing focus.

58 minutes ago, TTLucian said:

TV: 32LM6300PLA

Remote: LG Magic Remote AN-MR20GA

"Pause" works. "Play" does not work

Thanks, we're following this up

TTLucian

Correction! Play button/function doesn't work at all. Tested on 2 IR remotes (different models), LG Thinq app, LG TV Plus app, Home Assistant. Pause works, play doesn't work at all.

Edited by TTLucian

unisoft
On 20/02/2022 at 20:48, SamES said:

Can you confirm?  It sounds like this works initially, then stops when it loses focus?

If you exit the library, then go back in again, does it again work initially?

Just trying to work out if this is a remote/key issue, or an issue with losing focus.

Sorry, I just saw this!

It stops scrolling as it loses focus, I then have to move the arrow keys back onto a DVD cover and then can use the CH+ and CH- keys to page and then it repeats losing focus after a couple of page downs.

Another point (using horizontal view with the Tiles): If I am in episode detail (where the audio and video info is displayed) and press the BACK button a couple of times, it goes to the first library home screen (in my case MOVIES) instead of staying in TV library. I should have had to press BACK all the way to get back to even thinking of defaulting to the first library tile. It's annoying :)

Edited by unisoft

SamES
On 01/03/2022 at 22:53, unisoft said:

It stops scrolling as it loses focus, I then have to move the arrow keys back onto a DVD cover and then can use the CH+ and CH- keys to page and then it repeats losing focus after a couple of page downs.

Thanks, found the problem!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ahdubious

Hi, has there been any updates to this issue?

I have been holding off updating to 1.0.33 as I have been seeing some reports of issues.

Also, is there a change log for 1.0.33? I know an announcement was made advising that it was coming but I haven't seen it anywhere.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:57 PM, ahdubious said:

Hi, has there been any updates to this issue?

I have been holding off updating to 1.0.33 as I have been seeing some reports of issues.

Also, is there a change log for 1.0.33? I know an announcement was made advising that it was coming but I haven't seen it anywhere.

Hi, yes we're a little behind on our blog writing but we'll get it up. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.35 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.