Images not staying

lowe1739

lowe1739

Whenever I add a new episode of a tv show and identify it. It overrides any images I have added it, wiping it out and causing me to have to added it back each time. 

How do i keep it from doing this every time I added new content 

It doesn't matter if the box to replace is selected or not. 

I searched a few keywords for image issue but didn't see this topic please link to one if it already exist. 

Capture1.PNG

GrimReaper
43 minutes ago, lowe1739 said:

Whenever I add a new episode of a tv show and identify it

Why would you identify it every time? Single Identify on TV show level is enough. Afterwards regular Scan (either RTS enabled or three-dot menu Scan library files or Scan media library task scheduled/manual) will suffice. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

1 hour ago, lowe1739 said:

Whenever I add a new episode of a tv show and identify it. It overrides any images I have added it, wiping it out and causing me to have to added it back each time. 

How do i keep it from doing this every time I added new content 

It doesn't matter if the box to replace is selected or not. 

I searched a few keywords for image issue but didn't see this topic please link to one if it already exist. 

Capture1.PNG

Hi, I don't quite understand. Why did you select "replace existing images" if you didn't want that to happen?

lowe1739
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, I don't quite understand. Why did you select "replace existing images" if you didn't want that to happen?

it doesn't matter either if i select or i don't select that just a pic to help so you know what i'm takling about. 

If un check that box it still wipes the image for the TV show and i have to add it back in. 

lowe1739
3 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Why would you identify it every time? Single Identify on TV show level is enough. Afterwards regular Scan (either RTS enabled or three-dot menu Scan library files or Scan media library task scheduled/manual) will suffice. 

Because it doesn't pull down the data and sync to the existing tv series i already have going until I use Identify . Scanning the library does not sync into the existing series for me if it cant identify the file. 

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, lowe1739 said:

Because it doesn't pull down the data and sync to the existing tv series i already have going until I use Identify

Then something is seriously off with your setup. Do you have RTM enabled? If so, next time you add an episode - and you can see it being added - post a server log. If you don't have RTM enabled, next time you add an episode trigger manual scan and post the server log afterwards.

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

Happy2Play

I am confused here as you do not identify a episode when it is added.  A series is identified and then the episode info is gotten from that already identified Series.

Can you go over exactly what you are doing for a specific example.

pwhodges
11 hours ago, lowe1739 said:

Whenever I add a new episode of a tv show and identify it

If you have to identify manually every time, then I can only assume that you are using a folder and file naming scheme which is not supported by Emby.  Seeing that naming scheme would help us suggest what changes would fix this.

Paul

lowe1739
11 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Then something is seriously off with your setup. Do you have RTM enabled? If so, next time you add an episode - and you can see it being added - post a server log. If you don't have RTM enabled, next time you add an episode trigger manual scan and post the server log afterwards.

How do i check to see if RTM is enabled?

lowe1739
5 hours ago, pwhodges said:

If you have to identify manually every time, then I can only assume that you are using a folder and file naming scheme which is not supported by Emby.  Seeing that naming scheme would help us suggest what changes would fix this.

Paul

Here is a folder example and a show example...do i need to keep all the shows in the same sub folder? 

folder level.PNG

tv show.PNG

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, lowe1739 said:

Here is a folder example and a show example...do i need to keep all the shows in the same sub folder? 

folder level.PNG

tv show.PNG

Under those top folders, do you have a subfolder for each show, as per KB article?

Emby TV Naming : Emby

• Like 1

Happy2Play
7 hours ago, GrimReaper said:
8 hours ago, lowe1739 said:

folder level.PNG

tv show.PNG

Under those top folders, do you have a subfolder for each show, as per KB article?

Emby TV Naming : Emby

7 hours ago, lowe1739 said:

nope that appears to be what i've been doing wrong this entire time. 

Sorry but can you expand on TV folder content as we can't tell, but would suggest you have a generic folder of episodes which is not supported.

lowe1739
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Yes how exactly are your files named and organized?

Well I've made a 2nd level folder now for all the shows. But I typically leave everything named as it is already...I'll try to post a screen cap in the next day or so.

But it is working now that I've added the 2nd level folder so it goes ...TV-show name-show episode

lowe1739

@Luke I am yes, thank you for the help. I have been using Emby for good while not but never really went through best setup for it.

the community has been a great help even for basic's like this!

• Thanks 1