Live TV different port?

tmiles3146

tmiles3146

Good day, for some reason I can not watch Live TV at my office. I have my Emby server set to 8080 and it works fine for everything else across our firewall but Live TV. 

I can use Jellyfin on the same server and Live TV works fine, and when I am home Live TV works fine on Emby so I am wondering if live TV is using the port on my HDHomerun and that is why our firewalls are blocking or do I have something configured wrong? 

Thank you. 

tmiles3146

Sorry about that. So whenever I try to watch live TV remotely I just get the spinning circle below. If I am on my local network, it works no problem and local or remote my media works no problem. 

One thing I did notice is this is a remote issue (Meaning no mater if I am on my work network or on my cell etc I still have the same issue with live TV working remotely) 

My live TV is from an HD Homerun and this only happens with Emby (If I fire up my Jellyfin or Plex server on the same machine when they are running Live TV works fine)

I am sure I have something configured wrong just not sure what. Please let me know should I upload any logs etc? 

Thank you. 

image.thumb.png.07dd3078e4c718158388d94cf0e785e8.png

If you're still having this issue I would move Emby off port 8080 as that port is often used for proxy purposes especially around office environments or public hotspots.

If you happen to have JF running with ports 8096 and/or 8920 on the same machine you know port forwarding is correct and the ports work. Try changing the ports used by JF and give Emby back it's normal ports. LOL  Now test remotely and see if Emby works and JF doesn't.

Sorry couldn't resist that.  But really that's a great diagnostic to try which will narrow down the source of the problem very quick.

tmiles3146
10 hours ago, cayars said:

If you're still having this issue I would move Emby off port 8080 as that port is often used for proxy purposes especially around office environments or public hotspots.

If you happen to have JF running with ports 8096 and/or 8920 on the same machine you know port forwarding is correct and the ports work. Try changing the ports used by JF and give Emby back it's normal ports. LOL  Now test remotely and see if Emby works and JF doesn't.

Sorry couldn't resist that.  But really that's a great diagnostic to try which will narrow down the source of the problem very quick.

Thank you Cayars. So I have my one server and on that server I have: Plex, Jellyfin and Emby. I never run Jellyfin and Emby at the same time of course. BUT I have both on 8080 because it allows me to use ether through my company firewall when I want to watch stuff (Mainly news on live TV) Which I cant using Plex because they redirect everything through their servers which is totally blocked. 

Using Jellyfin everything works no problem. Live TV etc works perfect, but for some reason I have issues when using live TV set up the same way in Emby (Funny thing is this used to work but I took it down because my previous server wasn't beefy enough to run Plex and Emby at the same time.) 

So for now I have reverted back to Jellyfin which is working fine. 

Thank you. 

5 hours ago, tmiles3146 said:

Thank you Cayars. So I have my one server and on that server I have: Plex, Jellyfin and Emby. I never run Jellyfin and Emby at the same time of course. BUT I have both on 8080 because it allows me to use ether through my company firewall when I want to watch stuff (Mainly news on live TV) Which I cant using Plex because they redirect everything through their servers which is totally blocked. 

Do you have an Emby server log file that covers a time period when you tried it from work?
If so can you post it here or PM it to me to take a look at?

Have you tried it in another browser that has not used JF previously?
Can you use your smartphone through the company network?  If so try both a browser (never touched JF) as well as the Emby dedicated app for your phone.

The reason for these tests is that I think it's a caching issue with results from both JF and Emby being returned from a cache of some kind on the network.
Port 8080 used in a business environment says proxy all over it.  It's the default proxy port almost all software comes set to use.

These couple tests will give us a lot of info.

Are you allowed to install software on the PC you use at work or is that against policy?