ArcSoft TMT Discontinued

ebr

Deihmos

The WMC player. Didn't think you needed special software to playback 3D and it was an MKV 3D movies. Not really a fan of 3D though but it works fine.

Edited by Deihmos

I think this image applies not just in the context from the previous page, but also in legal circumstances as well. It's just a basic question of format selection. @@Abobader / @@Xzener does this look right?

542247bc873c2_image001.jpg

• Like 1

Haha! Looks about right. I love having custom intros, although sometimes I feel the second picture is me with custom intros at times. Luckily they are skip-ableskip-able. ;)

Edited by Xzener

I am glad licenced players are dying off. Especially after the Cinavia fiasco. I never did upgrade from v.144 in TMT. Even though I mainly used TMT, with MB2, I always cringed during the time between pressing play, and the movie starting... It was never seemless. Loving MB3s capabilities with MBC and MBT, it just works and it is seemless.

I think this image applies not just in the context from the previous page, but also in legal circumstances as well. It's just a basic question of format selection. @@Abobader / @@Xzener does this look right?

Indeed buddy :)

Good day,

Really Luke and mb dev's team did way great job with the mb3 server, I for one, do not see the need for bluray/dvd 1:1 rip folder anymore, simply convert to mkv and be done with it, the mb3 can take the rest of many things after that :)

Well done, well done indeed.

My best

• Like 1

breezytm

Haha this picture reminds me of my nightmare. I actually never sat down and watch an actual blu ray movie from the disc before so I was determined to give it a try. I was curious to know If there are any visible quality lost in converting. I have an intel nuc which doesn't have a dvd/blu ray rom. So I borrowed one from a friend and then I Installed TMT6. All I saw was warnings after warnings. Pointless stuff. Why are you telling me about consequences of pirating when I have your dvd\blu ray. Clearly I am not one of them. If I was I wouldn't be listening to that crap or having to read anything. I would of been 10 minutes into the movies by now. After the second trailer I just ejected and the disc and go watch the movie like I am used to in MBC. Click play and the movie started like magic. 

balkerman

All my Bd rips are movie only using clown-bd. The question: is there a disadvantage to the folder format, ignoreing the content?

Yeah, there are lots of disadvantages.  Our probing tools won't work as well so our streaming and other features will be very hit or miss.

We provide enough features (specials, direct chapter access with previews) to basically reproduce the BD experience using straight file formats so that is really the best way to go.

balkerman

Thanks.

MakeMKV is some $75 or so.

What tool would I use to make mkv from bd folders while keeping hd audio, video and subs (nil compression)?

swhitmore

Thanks.

What tool would I use to make mkv from bd folders while keeping hd audio, video and subs (nil compression)?

I can't recommend Freemake Video Converter enough. Great software and very easy to use. Just make sure you a VERY careful when installing. It will try to get you to install bloatware if you tick the wrong boxes (or don't untick the right ones). Once it is installed however, it will be perfect for what you want.

Edited by swhitmore

nickbuol

I still use TMT, but VERY rarely.  It gets used when one of my teenagers or their friends brings over or rents a movie and I am not home to rip it, don't want to rip it, or just don't care.  They can then just pop the disc into the drive in my HTPC and it will play.

Since I also struggle with lacking subtitles (I REALLY need to figure that out despite completely wiping and reinstalling my HTPC twice just to try to solve this already) there are times where I will grab the blu-ray disc even though the movie is ripped just so I can get forced subtitles working.  I know that the subtitles and forced subtitles are in my MKVs since I can get them working with an external player outside of MBT, but that isn't the "integrated" system that MBT promises to be.

But that is not what this topic is about.  I just mention it for why I use TMT.  Not for folder playback, but as a physical disc player (for forced subtitles).

Almost all of my movies are in MKV format, because there are extremely few extras that I would keep. However Star Wars & Laurence of Arabia are an exception.

As far as TV shows are concerned I do have more BD rips, like Big Bang Theory, there extras like Gag reel, ComicCon & others are really excellent and I hate the extra time to convert all those to MKVs thus I prefer some to keep in Disc format. Therefore for me there is a real reason to keep full BD menus.

As I mentioned in the first comment some people have used hardware players like the Pioneer BDP140/150/440/450/62FD with Russian Custom Firmware or Dune Smart players to playback discs using MB3 as front end. It does require automation and custom scripts. Lets face it the one solution playback setup is really not realistic, but for BD menu from folder rips a second playback solution is required.

Finally there is a way around all the trailers and warnings, I have replaced them with blank M2TS files with a fraction of a second in length. I keep the original M2TS files just in case the playback does not function. So instead of warnings you get a few seconds of blank black screens.

Edited by One2Go

balkerman

I can't recommend Freemake Video Converter enough. Great software and very easy to use. Just make sure you a VERY careful when installing. It will try to get you to install bloatware if you tick the wrong boxes (or don't untick the right ones). Once it is installed however, it will be perfect for what you want.

I couldn't see an option to not compress the video/audio....

Thanks.

I havn't tried Freemake video converter but I might just to compare. I have tried other free ones and they only do 2ch audio or dolby and most freeware can't handle the BD encryptions without thirdparty software like DVDFab passkey or AnyDVD 

MakeMKV is heavily worth the $50 it costs you.

- Constantly updated

- no bloatware

- no hassles

- no compression

- DTS-HD, LPCM, TrueHD support

- Gets by every encryption its run into on DVDs and Blurays. Cinavia is always there but you don't need to worry about it with MB.

- You can create MKVs from your BD Folders already on your HTPC. Rips fast depending on your drive. I have seen blurays rip at 30+MB/s with my LG BD Drive.

- Support Forum

- No need for DXVA, CUDA since there is no encoding being done meaning no loss of quality

If your going to encode, stick with HandBrake (free)...I think there is one other decent one out there too. If you have the space and don't stream to devices such as Rokus, then you don't need to encode.

Edited by A8HTPC

Spaceboy

It's a trial that's been running for about 5 years now. It's never going to progress beyond there. If you've paid for it, well done, but you've got exactly the same as those that haven't

Most of it is free. And if you stick with DVDs maybe you never need to purchase it. I had to purchase it when the trial ended for what I needed it for. If you can convert blurays past the 30day mark then great. I did for awhile changing the date in the computer back.

Its interesting though, there is a beta key MakeMKV supplies which expires this month. Its odd I had to buy it....said my trial expired. Didn't know about this key
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

MakeMKV contains both freeware and shareware functionality. You may use MakeMKV to convert or stream DVD and AVCHD discs for free, as much as you want. Converting or streaming Blu-ray discs is shareware functionality. You can use shareware functionality for free during 30-days trial period. If you like MakeMKV and you want to use it after your 30-days trial version expires, you need to purchase a registration key.

Registration key is valid for all MakeMKV versions on all platforms. There is no expiration time or any subscriptions.

MakeMKV is sold as "try-before-you-buy" software. You can try it for 30 days for free, so you have enough time to verify the program's functionality. GuinpinSoft inc doesn't refund your money if you are not satisfied with our products. The only shareware limitation is the expiration date. If shareware version does not work for you, registration will not change much. We urge you to test it out before you buy it and hope you will want to join our satisfied users!

Edited by A8HTPC
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

I've been converting blu Rays with it for a few years now. You have to update the key every 2-3 months but that's it. In my opinion he keeps it in beta for some reason, it's never going to go paid.

I think it's just because he wants to share the tool he's written with others who are willing to roll up their sleeves and help out. He's not interested in providing tech support for every Tom, Dick and Harry.