Lock External IDs

Bigmack3000

Bigmack3000

Can we get the option to lock external IDs, just like you can lock other items under metadata?  There are times when the show you are adding isn't in your main metadata provider, but it is in the 2nd or 3rd option.  However, Emby overrides the lower options to find the most similar one in your main provider.  It would be great to add the ID from a 2nd tier provider and then lock it so Emby won't search another provider for that particular title.

• Like 3

Bigmack3000

This series was only found on IMDB:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3013722/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_11

when I added an episode to Emby, it filled in all the details with the closest match it could find on tvdb (my main provider), which ended up being "Chicago, PD".388694921_ScreenShot2022-02-15at4_23_39PM.thumb.png.42e28f5fdd70b2fe0057caa6cd6c454d.png

Even if I would edit the metadata, remove the wrong ids and insert the correct IMDB id, Emby wanted to auto fill with something from my main provider choice.  

I even added the show to TMDB, thinking two IDs might win out, but it still always went back to Chicago, PD.

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/156297-police

If there was a "lock" option then I could put in the correct imdb and tmdb ids, Emby would ignore the empty tvdb box, and the correct info would be inserted. Plus I could keep the main provider I want for all other shows. 

Edited by Bigmack3000

Happy2Play

This could be used when there is a miss match of data between providers by locking to a specific providerid and being able to lock to a empty provider.

Say Looney Tunes as you have to lock the entire series or you get mismatching id.

image.png.28d50ede19d793e3d41159c27a2d8e6b.png

So technically if primary provider does not have all info then secondary will be completely wrong.

An option like this is needed or per show provider options.  This this would probably be the easier route.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
diogee

I'd like to echo the others and show my interest in this as I'm currently getting very irritated with exactly this for the animated show called "Doomlands"

As it's in my "Animated" library which primarily consists of Japanese anime, my preferred metadata providers are AniDB/AniList etc above all else with TVDB/IMDB at the bottom so manually identifying "Doomlands" (TVDB: 415069 / IMDB: tt17163920), the real data is overridden by the incorrect anime of "Doomed Megalopolis" as Doomlands doesn't exist as an anime

It's not the first time I've run into the issue so being able to lock ID's would be a valuable addition. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what Happy2Play has said but a single button to lock all ID's per show (such as the "People"/"Genres" etc locks) would make more sense than locking empty ID's? But either way, I'm not really fussed on the how, just as long as there is an option to do any kind of locking of ID's so we can have just the correct ID's and prevent any mismatched ID's from being added.

Edited by diogee
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

When a provider id is filled in, I don't believe we ever actually change it, so that's why a lock should not be necessary.

Bigmack3000
1 minute ago, Luke said:

When a provider id is filled in, I don't believe we ever actually change it, so that's why a lock should not be necessary.

This is to lock out providers on certain shows, as the examples above show.  It's so you can put in an id from tvdb for a show but lock imdb and tmdb from finding contradicting information.

OK. Locking the provider id would not actually accomplish that. It sounds like what you're really asking for is the equivalent of the library options at the individual item level.

Bigmack3000

Possibly.  If we take a look at the screenshot that Happy2play posted:

On 2/15/2022 at 4:43 PM, Happy2Play said:

This could be used when there is a miss match of data between providers by locking to a specific providerid and being able to lock to a empty provider.

Say Looney Tunes as you have to lock the entire series or you get mismatching id.

image.png.28d50ede19d793e3d41159c27a2d8e6b.png

So technically if primary provider does not have all info then secondary will be completely wrong.

An option like this is needed or per show provider options.  This this would probably be the easier route.

In this example, I want the option to deleted the ids from TMDB and IMDB, and then lock/uncheck them so Emby doesn't search them for this show.  

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK. Locking the provider id would not actually accomplish that. It sounds like what you're really asking for is the equivalent of the library options at the individual item level.

Yes if we cannot lock empty providerids then item level metadata provider selector to only query selected provider. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Bigmack3000

Any more thought into this one? I'm having trouble with another series now.  

"Untold" only exists properly in tvdb:

https://thetvdb.com/series/407414-untold

Emby keeps forcing a different show, "Noted: Untold stories of alicia keys", to connect for Imdb and tmdb:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15718472/

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/157185-noted-alicia-keys-the-untold-stories

1480057824_ScreenShot2022-08-18at6_31_54PM.thumb.png.9a66f88c77b3eedf2bc7709dce87b986.png

Happy2Play

Yes, as in that case TMDB and IMDB treats each documentary as a Movie vs TVDB showing it as a Series.

So current options are to clear wrong provider ids, disable providers that won't work, Refresh metadata, lock metadata and reenable providers.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Bigmack3000 said:

Any updates to this?

Hi, not yet, sorry.

crusher11

Kinda related, but if I manually identify something that's been misidentified, anything that has no info in the correct identification retains the incorrect identification. For example, if it's incorrectly identified as something that has an IMDB ID and a TMDB ID, then I manually identify it as something with only a TMDB ID, the incorrect IMDB ID is retained. Same goes for artwork.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1