Bitrate Limit

Gee1

Server Side Bitrate Limit (per user) is always ignored when using Emby for Kodi and maybe other clients too. This is not the way it sould work

• Agree 1

there is a nother problem with Emby for Kodi. If i want to play a video with transcoding, Kodi asks for Audio Stream and Subtitle stream. If i choose any subtitel Kodi crashes.. If i dont choose a subtitle it works. And normally Kodi dont have to ask for Languages (Audio or Sub) it has to auto choose its standarts

quickmic
2 hours ago, Gee1 said:

there is a nother problem with Emby for Kodi. If i want to play a video with transcoding, Kodi asks for Audio Stream and Subtitle stream. If i choose any subtitel Kodi crashes.. If i dont choose a subtitle it works. And normally Kodi dont have to ask for Languages (Audio or Sub) it has to auto choose its standarts

Transcoding is different.

Audiostreams must be included in stream query and cannot be altered after initialization. Yes it could be possible using the default language, but this means not possible to select any other audiostream.

Same reason for subtitle, you also mentioned it crashes? Please send me a kodi.log.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
18 hours ago, Gee1 said:

Server Side Bitrate Limit (per user) is always ignored when using Emby for Kodi and maybe other clients too. This is not the way it sould work

I'll check if I can query the bandwidth limit per user and set it in Kodi.

On default kodi sets the bandwidth to 100MBits. But this shold be ignored cause serverside user setting is lower (20 MBit). So the server should limit bandwidth to 20MBit anyway no matter what the user setting is. ut if the user sets the Limit to e.g. 10 MBit emby should transcode in 10 MBit of course

• Agree 1