Android Auto no downloaded media

cherrypanda

cherrypanda

Can't play downloaded playlist using Emby with Android Auto. Current Android app, Galaxy Note 10+, Mazda CX-5 2016. My Emby setup is not externally accessible and I don't want it to be. I've downloaded a few playlists to my phone and I'm not able to access them with Android Auto - there's no option for downloaded media, only prompt to connect to configured Emby server. 

If I put my phone into Airplane mode and start Emby (without connecting to the car/AA) - downloaded media is available and plays without issues. Am I missing something? Please, help resolve this, it's the only issue I have with Premiere sub.

cherrypanda

If I might make a suggestion - perhaps a location for downloaded media can be changed to something custom or more generally accessible to other apps? I wouldn't mind adding download location to, for example, PowerAmp library and use that for playback. Current location  /android/data/com.mb.android/files/emby_downloads has accessibility / permissions issues when used with other apps. I'd rather use Emby all around but if not - using it for sync and using other media player also works.