Xtreme-Editor

djerniehoule

djerniehoule

Has anyone had any luck getting Xtreme Editor to work with Emby? I have set up the channels the way that I want with Xtreme, but the changes don't appear in Emby. To make sure I was doing it correctly I confirmed the changes in VLC, but nothing in Emby. I tried to use Xteve, but I am not having any luck installing that program. I hope someone can give me some insight on Xtreme, as I really like the ease of that program.

kikinjo

It works fine for me, whats your issue exactly ? One thing that will never work in emby is multiple same channels with same epg id from XE. Emby will strip them and use only first.

djerniehoule

Hmm, maybe I’m doing it wrong?

1. I added my provider info

2. I go into standard editor

3. I make all my changes

4. Then I copy the urls that xtreme is giving me to Emby. I refresh and I don’t see the changes, I still get example: espn.us etc when I changed it in xtreme to ESPN 1 or whatever

kikinjo

You are doing it right...m3u link should work fine, epg link wont work since XE is checking user agent, so u need to fake it to download epg directly from XE.

Google user agent and use some stanrd like chrome or firefox user agent

kikinjo
15 minutes ago, djerniehoule said:

I’m satisfied with the EPG, it’s the channel naming that is not reflecting in Emby

Thats a Emby issue, cant help there. Emby is transforming your list and channel names to his "type" of naming

6 hours ago, djerniehoule said:

Ahh I see, so if I change it in Emby it’ll stay and not reset to default at refresh?

Yes try changing them in Emby Server. Let us know how you get on . Thanks.