Top shelf not accurately showing content to continue watching

vdrover

vdrover

My Apple TV shows media that is in progress in the top shelf when i have the Emby app in focus. In the attached screenshot, this the Return of the King and the Two Towers. 

I finished these movies weeks ago. Is this a bug? Any way to force a refresh?

1821473173_MovieRecording2022-02-13at9_11_51AM.thumb.png.55f9305dc9a3678c038a91a662b407c7.png

vdrover

No. I have force-quit emby numerous times. No Change. Rebooting the device also failed to work. 

I have a second apple TV in the basement. It is stuck on different shows in the top shelf. Same problem, different programs.

• 3 weeks later...
vdrover

No. Just these same 3 titles. 

A different Apple TV shows different shows, also completed many weeks ago.

vdrover

If I compare top shelf on appleTV to 'continue watching' in the web app, the web app accurately lists the shows currently in progress. 

Not sure if this is related, but if I do a search in emby, old searches form months ago are listed. New searches are not being recorded. This happens on the web app and apple TV.

vdrover

I just checked again and suddenly the top shelf is accurate on AppleTV. Did a new version come out?

2 hours ago, vdrover said:

I just checked again and suddenly the top shelf is accurate on AppleTV. Did a new version come out?

No there hasn't been. But thanks for following up.

unisoft
On 07/03/2022 at 18:03, Luke said:

No there hasn't been. But thanks for following up.

Top Shelf also gets any half played music videos wrong. It takes a square cover art (500x500) and chops it off inside a DVD (rectangular) frame. Not really sure Top Shelf should include music or music videos anyway? Perhaps it was just a bug it appeared in the first place.

On 3/14/2022 at 2:36 PM, unisoft said:

Top Shelf also gets any half played music videos wrong. It takes a square cover art (500x500) and chops it off inside a DVD (rectangular) frame. Not really sure Top Shelf should include music or music videos anyway? Perhaps it was just a bug it appeared in the first place.

What section, continue? Audio should only show up there if it is an audio book library.

unisoft
On 18/03/2022 at 13:16, Luke said:

What section, continue? Audio should only show up there if it is an audio book library.

Top shelf, before you even load Emby. Part of the tvos GUI. 

treason

Yea it looks like stale data for me. But like @ebrsaid earlier in the thread, it only updates when you enter the app.

Is the apple tv app open sourced? There are new features available in tvOS, that I would love to see incorperated into the emby app, like top shelf extensions.

• 3 weeks later...