Metadata Editor Tool

VicMoore

Charles Bosquet

Hello Vic and thank you again!

How can I have under the post the "critical Rating" and "Parental Raiting" field, I saw it on other user screenshots but I only see the "Genres" field.
If I had the information at this level, it would be very useful for me to sort out the programs to be cleaned.

Thanks again!

Image sans titre.png

VicMoore

Hello Charles...

A better way to do what you want is to filter on minimum parental rating, or max parental rating, then select all of the filtered items (shift-click) and use the editor to change all of their parental ratings at once.

Vic

VicMoore

Horstepipe, the code is below. I implemented it in the new tool.  I will put it into the other tool tomorrow.  I did a few tests and it worked great.  You just define a filter and apply it. Let me know if you have a problem.

Vic

emby_new_tool_16.html

• 2 weeks later...
VicMoore

In this version there are lots of changes.  First, you can now filter on video type, such as 4k, 3D, HD, DVD, ISO, etc. MangoMC requested this feature and Happy2Play showed me how to do this via the Emby API.  Another change is that the options for saving tag, prople, studio, and genre metadata have been increased. You can now add just new metadata to other selected files rather than all of the metadata.  For example, if you add the tag ZZZ to one selected item, you can save just that tag to all of the other selected items, without deleting any of their current tags.  Horstepipe identified this deficiency and brought it to my attention.

I would appreciate all bug reports so I can fix them ASAP.

Horstepipe, please test this code to make sure it works as you expect.  Also look at my wording on the radio button options to determine if they convey the expected meaning.

Vic

emby_new_tool_19.html

Edited by VicMoore

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Vic,

Really Great tool, thank you, but i have a problem, ,can you help me ?

By error,  in "Genre Section" i check the" lock" box for all my 1200 movies. 

I would like to unlock now all my movies genre but i can't do it with bulk edit. i have to go one by one to uncheck the box. 

Can't you add a new check box like "unlock" for the bulk Edit ?

Sorry for my bad englsh, i'm french ....

denzoid

I am looking for a way to bulk add/edit "Lock this item to prevent future changes" which appears on each individual movie's metadata page and can (apparently) be done on a Windows Emby Server via the built-in Metadata manager but I run my Emby server on Unraid in a Docker container so that feature is missing. Is there a way to do this with this tool?

lock_metadata.JPG

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, denzoid said:

I am looking for a way to bulk add/edit "Lock this item to prevent future changes" which appears on each individual movie's metadata page and can (apparently) be done on a Windows Emby Server via the built-in Metadata manager but I run my Emby server on Unraid in a Docker container so that feature is missing.

Nope, bulk editing feature is not available in any server platform. 

That said, yes, you can bulk add/remove locks via @VicMoore's extremely useful tool (although he's a bit lenient to keep his two tools separate in their respective thread, eh, Vic 😉), latest version of which you can find here:

• 6 months later...
DJMonty

Love this tool - but wondering if there is any way to filter by Studio? I'm trying to clean up this field and am not enjoying going through each film one by one and checking.  :)

• 2 months later...
VicMoore

Sorry, I have been ignoring this forum - I have been trying to move the tool to a plugin. The plugin is called Bulky. I will get back to this forum soon.

Vic