Recordings audio out of sync with Emby server for Shield TV

heula

Until a few weeks ago I did my tv recordings with Emby server for Synology NAS. Because the Emby server for NAS was getting slower and slower I tried the Emby server for Shield TV (again) and that seems to be real stable now comparing to what is was before in my experience.

The only thing I notice with my recordings with Emby server for Shield is that my audio is out of sync.

I use Kodi to play all my videos and I have set my audio sync to +175 and that was good for all videos including Emby recordings with Synology NAS.

Now my recordings are done with Emby for Shield I need to set the audio sync to 0 in Kodi manually when playing these recordings.

My recordings with Emby server for Shield TV are recorded to the same folder on my Synology NAS like it was used with Emby for Synology so no change there.

What could cause this sync issue and more important is there a way to get that right so all my videos can be played at the same audio sync setting in Kodi like it was when I used Emby server for Synology for my recordings?

Thanks.

Edited by heula

9 hours ago, heula said:

Now my recordings are done with Emby for Shield I need to set the audio sync to 0 in Kodi manually when playing these recordings.

So, wouldn't that mean that the recordings are actually perfectly in sync?

Hi, audio sync of 0 means that Kodi will not change it and use the streams as is which is the ideal!

I have set my shield tv sync to 0. 

Kodi sync to 0 and all my tv shows other than my recordings are out of sync. I need to set the Kodi sync +175 for all media to get that right.

Because I watch recorded tv shows less than other media I change it manually to 0 for recordings. It probably isn't a Emby issue but with Emby recordings with Synology it played well on +175 for all media including the recordings. 

Perhaps the latest Shield TV updates have something to do with because that update screwed up a lot of things.

Edited by heula

On 2/14/2022 at 6:58 PM, heula said:

I have set my shield tv sync to 0. 

Kodi sync to 0 and all my tv shows other than my recordings are out of sync. I need to set the Kodi sync +175 for all media to get that right.

Because I watch recorded tv shows less than other media I change it manually to 0 for recordings. It probably isn't a Emby issue but with Emby recordings with Synology it played well on +175 for all media including the recordings. 

Perhaps the latest Shield TV updates have something to do with because that update screwed up a lot of things.

I have returned to Emby for Synology because it is slower than Emby for Shied TV but more stable.

There remain too many minor issues with Emby for Shield Tv including this sync issue.

With Emby for Synology no problems with my media sync. All media syncs with the same sync setting 0. So I don't have to adjust anything anymore.

In a few weeks I will be purchasing a new NAS (DS920+) and I hope that the various things I run on it will also become faster. Emby will probably load a lot faster on the various devices I think.