Image/metadata issues after server update

explor202

explor202

This is why I hate being forced to update versions. Prior to updating to 4.6.7.0, I had no issues with images or metadata handling. But now, my entire TV show library has problems. It seems Emby has only downloaded the primary portrait image for all of them, so now on the Roku I see a portrait image in a landscape layout. When I try to download other images, I get nothing. Clicking the search icon gives me just a blank screen even if I select all languages. The only option that works is if I manually download an image and add it myself. In addition to that, I can no longer select TheTVDB as a source for metadata, even though it's at the top of my list as a metadata downloader. One example of a show that was just fine under the older server is American Auto. Emby keeps identifying it as a German show from the 80's American Autobahn. Once I added the IMDB number it correctly identified it, but finds absolutely no images for it. Can anyone help me get these issues resolved?

NoTVDB.jpg

NoImages.jpg

Edited by explor202

Happy2Play

Would need to see server logs, but from what you are showing it is a unidentified Series.

As for images, I assume there is no providerids so there are no images to pull.

What is metadata downloader order and image downloader order?

explor202
7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Would need to see server logs, but from what you are showing it is a unidentified Series.

As for images, I assume there is no providerids so there are no images to pull.

What is metadata downloader order and image downloader order?

American Auto is a known series that worked just fine under my old version of Emby. It was immediately recognized the first time it was added and pulled in the correct images. After the server upgrade and Emby doing an unrequested library scan, the previously mentioned issues only happened on my TV library. Some of the shows are from OTA, others are from torrents or Usenet. TheTVDB has always been my first choice for metadata and I'm not aware of a separate option for images. I only see where to change what kind, how many and the minimum size to fetch (which I edited to no avail).

ImageFetcher.jpg

Metadata.jpg

Happy2Play

Image options are independent of metadata options.

image.png.d0b5d2e284c84eff88c13753fd2dd42a.png

Sorry interpreted first image wrong as you do not identify episode as all item metadata comes from series level at least for TVDB.

But would need to see server log and Series level metadata for the show.

explor202
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Image options are independent of metadata options.

Sorry interpreted first image wrong as you do not identify episode as all item metadata comes from series level at least for TVDB.

But would need to see server log and Series level metadata for the show.

Understood, but as a rule I don't upload logs out of concern for sharing any PII. If there are any snippets that would be helpful though, I could share them as long as you tell me what parts to upload.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, explor202 said:

Understood, but as a rule I don't upload logs out of concern for sharing any PII. If there are any snippets that would be helpful though, I could share them as long as you tell me what parts to upload.

You can PM if you like and devs will be added as needed.  But would need to see the whole log as what you describe could be a provider issue not a Emby issue.

explor202

Here's my biggest issue since having to do the server upgrade. The images for Latest Antenna and Latest Movies are now a portrait image against a landscape canvas (and they were not like this prior to the update). Latest Cartoons, Cable and Cooking were not affected. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? I did try rolling back to a saved backup, and while that fixed a couple of minor issues with Emby on the PC, it didn't fix this. Unfortunately I can't tell if this is caused by the Roku channel update or the server update.

And an interesting observations, those two libraries also have the latest content in a different order that what was displayed before the server upgrade. Kojak was the last series to be added and Reno 911 The Hunt for QAnon was the last movie added.

20220210_170249.jpg

20220210_170257.jpg

Edited by explor202

Happy2Play

What is the content type of theses libraries?  Please verify they have not changed.

As for order all I can say is verify dateadded.  What is your "Date added behavior for new content"? Settings-Library-Advanced

@ebrhas something changed here in the Roku channel?

Edited by Happy2Play

explor202
10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

What is the content type of theses libraries?

@ebrhas something changed here in the Roku channel?

You could be on to something. For some reason I have both Antenna and Movies as mixed content, Cable, Cartoons and Cooking are set as TV shows. Should I change the others to TV shows and see what happens?

Happy2Play
30 minutes ago, explor202 said:

You could be on to something. For some reason I have both Antenna and Movies as mixed content, Cable, Cartoons and Cooking are set as TV shows. Should I change the others to TV shows and see what happens?

This may help, but yes as there have been reported cases of this happening.

How to Change the Content Type for a Library - Tutorials and Guides - Emby Community

explor202

Well interestingly enough, I SSH'd in and downloaded options.xml for both Antenna and Cooking. Antenna lists no content type at all, while Cooking has TV shows. If I change the type in Emby itself, wont' it just rescan the library and hopefully resolve this? EDIT: never mind, I see the message that the library has to be removed from Emby, edited then added back. Instead, could I edit the Cooking options.xml to mirror the data I'd need for Antenna and copy that file back over? I would still have the backup I downloaded in case things go sideways.

Edited by explor202

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, explor202 said:

Well interestingly enough, I SSH'd in and downloaded options.xml for both Antenna and Cooking. Antenna lists no content type at all, while Cooking has TV shows. If I change the type in Emby itself, wont' it just rescan the library and hopefully resolve this?

Correct a scan after changing type will.  You could copy an existing options.xml library and just update path also.  Depending on method you will need to verify library settings afterward as mixed content is a different layout.

explor202
12 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

You could copy an existing options.xml library and just update path also.

Editing the path worked for Antenna, so I'll do that for Movies too. Thanks for pointing me to that fix!

• Thanks 1