Introskip Beta Plugin - Feedback

rbjtech

Introskip Beta Plugin - Feedback  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How has the detection accuracy of the Intro's been on your media collection ?

• Perfect ! - 100% Accurate
    • Very Good - 80-99% Accurate - Some manual corrections were necessary.
    • Good - 70-80% Accurate - A fair number of manual corrections were necessary.
    • OK - Less than 70% Accurate - A large number of manual corrections were necessary.
    • Poor - Not Accurate at all - more items were incorrectly identified vs correctly identified.
  2. 2. How has the detection accuracy of the End Credit's been on your media collection ?

• Perfect ! - 100% Accurate
    • Very Good - 80-99% Accurate - Some manual corrections were necessary.
    • Good - 70-80% Accurate - A fair number of manual corrections were necessary.
    • OK - Less than 70% Accurate - A large number of manual corrections were necessary.
    • Poor - Not Accurate at all - more items were incorrectly identified vs correctly identified.
  3. 3. Editing Ability

• Easy to Find, Identify, Edit and Save the Correction.
    • Harder to find the Episode in question than it should be - needs improvement.
    • Editing is a 'mare - this needs to be overhauled.
  4. 4. Impact on your system for the initial Fingerprinting and Detection

• No impact on system performance.
    • A minor impact and slowdown, but nothing to be concerned about.
    • A reasonable impact on system performance but acceptable
    • I had to stop this task and run out of hours as my user experience was being impacted
    • System meltdown - my disks and cpu were at 100% for hours ..
  5. 5. Chapter Points - Were the added 'Intro' and 'End Credits' Chapter points useful ?

• Yes
    • No - Unnecessary
  6. 6. How did you find 'AutoSkip' ?

• Very Effective - the Intro was skipped seamlessly in most cases.
    • Effective - the intro was skipped but not necessarily in a seamless manor
    • OK - A bit jerky, I would prefer to do this manually with a button
    • Not good - We need to have a button to do this manually.

rbjtech

The IntroSkip team are moving into the next stages of the Plugin with Core Integration, so we thought it would be good to get feedback on the user experience thus far.

Thanks !

• Like 3

I want to say that intro skip works relatively well for downloaded content but for LiveTV recordings it is hit and miss, mostly a miss.

• Thanks 2

rbjtech
9 minutes ago, Sammy said:

I want to say that intro skip works relatively well for downloaded content but for LiveTV recordings it is hit and miss, mostly a miss.

Can you add this discussion into the main thread @Sammy as I don't think we have actually ever tested this scenario but fundamentally, if there are repeating 'Audio' passages in the recorded TV that are not Intro's (maybe Adverts?), then Introskip is going to pick them up .. but we can certainly take a look.

sydlexius

Just to add some clarity around my responses, here's a rough work-up of my data.  First, I dumped the output of the stats to a CSV using PowerShell.  Here's an example code snippet:

$Stats = (Invoke-RestMethod -Uri "http://<your-emby-host>:8096/emby/GetSeasonStatistics?StartIndex=0&Limit=30000&api_key="<your-api-key>").Stats
$Stats | ConvertTo-Csv -NoTypeInformation | Add-Content -Path .\stats.csv

Replace <your-emby-host> and <your-api-key> with appropriate values.

Once I brought the CSV into Excel, I hid all rows of seasons that had 0 or 1 episodes (I don't care about the former, and the latter won't work because there's no other episode to compare it to...that's not IntroSkip's fault).

I was left with 1794 seasons worth of data.  In total, 23,623 episodes across those seasons were analyzed of which 16,057 had sequence data (intro, credit, or both).  Only 62.43% of my episodes had detected intro sequences (of which, I'm not sure how many are actually correct.  68.42% of them had detected credit sequences (likewise, I'm not sure how correct the results were).

I hope you'll find the PowerShell code useful if you want to similarly analyze your data.  Overall, I'm quite impressed with this beta thus far.  Considering I provided next to no input (other than excluding shows which had high episode counts in a season), I'm happy with the detection rate thus far.  I look forward to seeing further improvements to this capability in Emby! 

• Like 1

rbjtech
40 minutes ago, sydlexius said:

Just to add some clarity around my responses, here's a rough work-up of my data.  First, I dumped the output of the stats to a CSV using PowerShell.  Here's an example code snippet:

$Stats = (Invoke-RestMethod -Uri "http://<your-emby-host>:8096/emby/GetSeasonStatistics?StartIndex=0&Limit=30000&api_key="<your-api-key>").Stats
$Stats | ConvertTo-Csv -NoTypeInformation | Add-Content -Path .\stats.csv

Replace <your-emby-host> and <your-api-key> with appropriate values.

Once I brought the CSV into Excel, I hid all rows of seasons that had 0 or 1 episodes (I don't care about the former, and the latter won't work because there's no other episode to compare it to...that's not IntroSkip's fault).

I was left with 1794 seasons worth of data.  In total, 23,623 episodes across those seasons were analyzed of which 16,057 had sequence data (intro, credit, or both).  Only 62.43% of my episodes had detected intro sequences (of which, I'm not sure how many are actually correct.  68.42% of them had detected credit sequences (likewise, I'm not sure how correct the results were).

I hope you'll find the PowerShell code useful if you want to similarly analyze your data.  Overall, I'm quite impressed with this beta thus far.  Considering I provided next to no input (other than excluding shows which had high episode counts in a season), I'm happy with the detection rate thus far.  I look forward to seeing further improvements to this capability in Emby! 

Hi @sydlexius - this is really useful feedback and it's something which we wanted to include in the Stats - this is, afterall, it's primary purpose.  We haven't spent as much time on this area as we would have liked as a team member that originally wrote the logic for it has been away for a while.

For those with multiple 1000's of episodes and shows, there is no immediate way to see the overall 'success' of the plugin - so the idea behind the stats is to measure it in a rather binary way - for either 0% (no episodes) or 100% (all episodes) - then it's likely that is a 100% detection ratio for that show.  If it's not 0 or 100, then episodes have been missed or false detections have crept in.  We then realised that there are exceptions to this such as the first episode in a season may not have an Intro - so we shouldn't count this.

In summary, yes this needs a bit of work to be fully useful - and any contributions to help us understand the extracted data would be very welcomed :)

thanks!

Edited by rbjtech

• 3 weeks later...
CentWind

I set a beta ver EMBYSERVER (4.7.0.28), the plugin has detected the intro. However it doesn't show the picture.

461833062_QQ20220303222741.thumb.png.014bc6465561e8ccf401136bc54b0922.png

it works on my main server (4.6.7), I can see the picture. and it's easy to make sure if it is right.

I didn't use this server to test the plugin because the number of episode is too large. it will take few days to finish, so I abort it and set a beta server.

By the way, is it able to set a limit for the detection? My CPU (i7-8700) become to 100% load, and 100℃. (Maximum series to attempt intro detection at once = 2 ,
Fast Detection off 

rbjtech
1 hour ago, CentWind said:

I set a beta ver EMBYSERVER (4.7.0.28), the plugin has detected the intro. However it doesn't show the picture.

461833062_QQ20220303222741.thumb.png.014bc6465561e8ccf401136bc54b0922.png

it works on my main server (4.6.7), I can see the picture. and it's easy to make sure if it is right.

I didn't use this server to test the plugin because the number of episode is too large. it will take few days to finish, so I abort it and set a beta server.

By the way, is it able to set a limit for the detection? My CPU (i7-8700) become to 100% load, and 100℃. (Maximum series to attempt intro detection at once = 2 ,
Fast Detection off 

What version of the plugin are you running ?

I've just tested on the latest beta (4.7.0.28) with Introskip v0.0.1.96 and all appears to be ok.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and reloading ?

wrt the load on your CPU - you can try lowering to 1 - but an 8700 should be more than capable of more.  100% load is normal for the Black frame Detect phase - there is nothing we can do about that - it's an ffmpeg limitation.  The 100 degrees C is not good !  - you need to invest in a better cooling solution as while 100 degrees will not 'hurt' your CPU, it is almost certainly slowing itself down to keep the temp in check.

This is my quick test - all looks ok.

image.thumb.png.a0b375de1e069be53ae7cfd01618bba5.png

Edited by rbjtech

CentWind
13 hours ago, rbjtech said:

What version of the plugin are you running ?

I use 0.0.1.22.

Maybe it's because of my File Permissions? The file are created by another embyserver. I'll have a try. Thanks.

13 hours ago, rbjtech said:

you need to invest in a better cooling solution as while 100 degrees will not 'hurt' your CPU, it is almost certainly slowing itself down to keep the temp in check.

Yes, my machine is a temporary plan. the cooling solution do not fit i7-8700. I'll change it few months later.

rbjtech
3 hours ago, CentWind said:

I use 0.0.1.22.

Maybe it's because of my File Permissions? The file are created by another embyserver. I'll have a try. Thanks.

Yes, my machine is a temporary plan. the cooling solution do not fit i7-8700. I'll change it few months later.

Hi - wow that is a VERY old version - we are on 0.0.1.96 now

See the link below for the latest version.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48304-show-intro-skip-option/&do=findComment&comment=1115810

CentWind
17 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Hi - wow that is a VERY old version - we are on 0.0.1.96 now

See the link below for the latest version.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48304-show-intro-skip-option/&do=findComment&comment=1115810

Very Thanks, I will have a try this night.

Before , I thought that all updates would be posted under this topic: 

samuelqwe
4 hours ago, CentWind said:

Very Thanks, I will have a try this night.

Before , I thought that all updates would be posted under this topic: 

That was the intention, but we haven’t heard from the person who created the topic in some time and they’re the only person that can edit it.

• Like 1