ffmpeg error 134 during transcoding

vorty

Hello,

I have Emby 4.6.7.0 running on a DSM916+ and I'm trying to play a H265 encoded file on my Samsung UE55H7000 TV using the app Samsung TV v2.2.6a, and I have an Emby Premiere subscription. However after a few seconds playing, the video stops as it seems ffmpeg is crashing with error code 134 - cf. lines below:

2022-02-08 22:00:12.460 Info App: ProcessRun 'StreamTranscode 2f37fa' Process exited with code 134
2022-02-08 22:00:12.538 Info App: ProcessRun 'StreamTranscode 2f37fa' Execute: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -loglevel +timing -y -print_graphs

I'm attaching to this message both the embysrver.txt and ffmpeg-transcode-.._.1.txt files if it can help. Is there anything you'd suggest for me to try in order to make the hardware acceleration work? I understand it might be a mere hardware issue (probably on the TV side) that might not be fixable, but just in case...

Thanks in advance!

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-2f37fad5-16e4-437a-94b4-eb4e5050d675_1.txt

Hi, if you look at the FPS in the ffmpeg log you'll see it's very low. That's an indication your server can't transcode this quickly enough to be playable. I think the error that you see is just a result of the cancellation and killing of the ffmpeg process once the Samsung client has given up from not receiving data quickly enough.

• Like 1

@LukeThanks for the reply and explanation, this was indeed what I feared it was but I just wanted to double-check there was no workaround.

@Happy2Play I had indeed bumped into this thread about Jellyfin when googling the issue, but I'm not sure how it could be transposed (if at all) to Emby. Is there any reason to believe that a variant of the temporary solution given on that thread could be worth trying in my context with Emby?

On 2/8/2022 at 11:50 PM, Luke said:

I think the error that you see is just a result of the cancellation

This is correct. 134 means "received SIGABORT" => Emby server has aborted thjis ffmpeg run because it couldn't end it cleanly.

On 2/14/2022 at 6:29 PM, vorty said:

this was indeed what I feared it was but I just wanted to double-check there was no workaround.

There might be one:

• You could try the latest beta version 
  • and check whether you'll see some QuickSync entries on the Transcoding configuration page (after you have set the mode to "Advanced").
  • Then, uncheck all VAAPI ones and check the QuickSync ones
  • retry transcoding!

The acceleration capabilities of your CPU are rather limited, so I can't say whether that would work, but it would surely be worth trying.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...