Can't tune into one channel and missing logos

ax1977

Hello,

I recently setup a hdhomerun prime and am seeing a couple of issues.  Mainly channel 737 doesn't come in.  I just get the spinning circle with a black screen.  This is the case with all my clients (firetv, android app, emby theater, chrome browser).  Sometimes it will work.  I've restarted the server and have gotten that channel to come in but that doesn't always work and eventually it stops working.  The channel tunes in fine with the hdhomerun app.  That is the only channel I have this issue with.

I also have a handful of channels that are missing logos on the firetv and android apps.  They sometimes show up but are usually missing.  The logos all come in fine on chrome browser.

thanks,

embyserver.txt

mcqueena9845

I have this same issue. For me it is Channel 550 USA HD. I've had my setup for several years and just started having an issue today. Need to watch the Olympics, lol.

On 2/8/2022 at 10:04 AM, ax1977 said:

7:20pm and 7:24pm on 2/7

Hi.  There should have been ffmpeg logs as well at those times.  Can we please see those?

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  There should have been ffmpeg logs as well at those times.  Can we please see those?

I had to reboot the server and lost those logs. The channel now comes in.  I'll reply with the logs when it stops working.

Thanks

• Like 1

pwhodges
12 minutes ago, ax1977 said:

I had to reboot the server and lost those logs.

But the logs are retained for a week or so by default.  Merely rebooting shouldn't cause them to be deleted.

Paul

55 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

But the logs are retained for a week or so by default.  Merely rebooting shouldn't cause them to be deleted.

Paul

I only see emby server logs not ffmpeg logs. Are those retained?

pwhodges

Yes; but they are only generated if ffmpeg is required to play a particular file to a particular device.  Not having an ffmpeg log is itself diagnostic, I guess - but I'll let the experts pick up from that.

Paul

4 hours ago, ax1977 said:

The channel now comes in

So, that would indicate to me this was probably a problem at the source.

mcqueena9845

My issue resolved itself today as well.  I still have all my logs.  Let me know if you want me to post anything. 

I noticed that It looks like today, the channel is playing with Direct Play and not transcoding. Also for today, I have no ffmpeg logs, while I have a quite a few from yesterday.  When I had the problem, I also tested with the HDHomeRun app and the DLNA straight to my Samsung TV, and those both worked fine.  

14 hours ago, mcqueena9845 said:

Also for today, I have no ffmpeg logs, while I have a quite a few from yesterday.  When I had the problem

Hi.  More evidence of some sort of source issue.  If the channel fails to tune directly, the apps would fall back to trying it with remuxing and transcoding (producing ffmpeg logs).  Can we see one of those?

Yes that is a fall back from a failure and is truncated it looks like itself.  Is it possible the transcoding temp location ran out of space or something?

mcqueena9845

When I have these kind of issues, hard drive space is the first thing I check, because I've had that happen in the past.  This time there was plenty of space on the drives.

12 hours ago, Luke said:

@ax1977 are you still having an issue with this?

The issue with that channel has not reappeared. I do still have the problem with a handful of channel guide logos randomly appearing and disappearing

On 2/19/2022 at 12:20 PM, ax1977 said:

The issue with that channel has not reappeared. I do still have the problem with a handful of channel guide logos randomly appearing and disappearing

What guide data are you using?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...