Subtitle Search (ability to modify prior to search)

dethknite
Go to solution Solved by dethknite,

dethknite

When the integrated Subtitle Search works... it works great. However, because I transcode the majority of my media via Handbrake and name it according to features I apply within, the filenames often contain a series of vague things at the end that prevent auto search from finding any matches (requiring manually going to sites to search). An example is:

Movie.Title.Here.(year).1080p.BluRay.nlm-lf.cq21.x265.mkv

The same for TV. Would be nice to for the ability to alter the search prior to running the search ie. Movie.Title.Here.(year). Not the end of the world as it is now.. but would add the utility and value back into the built-in feature.

SubtitleSearch.png

• Like 1

Hi, do they get metadata successfully from the server's metadata providers?

Because in addition to the file name and file hash, we also pass the imdb id into the open subtitles search.

dethknite

The short answer is no. Not when I have the .nlm-lf or .cq## or tags as such appended. I would assume that the imdb id should be sufficient, and it works when I remove extra tags. An example I ran through is the movie Eternals.(2021). I have the IMDB and TMDB tags on it.. and a subtitle search comes up blank with my filename.

Emby: v4.7.0.23 (beta)

Plugins: Open Subtitles (registered user), Addic7ed (registered user), SubDb

Subtitles: Preferred Language set to English, Subtitle Mode: Smart

2022-02-07_16-42-28.png

2022-02-07_16-44-18.png

Edited by dethknite

dethknite

Interesting.. I added on Podnapisi plugin and NapiSub.. so I now have all 5 Subtitle plugins installed. Did a search, and 4 matches came back (but all 4 were from Podnapisi). This was for the previous example with an IMDB and TMDB id.

I know for a fact there are multiple 30+ subtitles on OpenSubtitles, because I went to their website and searched the IMDB id.

Edited by dethknite

• Solution
dethknite

Mer. Figured it out. OpenSubtitles was hacked recently according to their website Jan 18, 2022 (https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17685&p=46818#p46818and reset user's passwords (required users to setup new passwords). After setting up a new password... and updating it in Emby... all is pulling fine again.

Edited by dethknite