No App in store for LG UHD 4K TV 55 Inch UN70 Series

Flintfamily

Flintfamily

I've checked but I can't find mention of this in the forum, the above TV seems to not run WebOS. It's listed on the LG site as Simple Smart (Linux). Are you aware of the app not being available for this series LG TV?

LGTV.jpg

What year was this model produced?  Am I right that it is 2020, or is it much older than that?

Flintfamily

Sorry for the delay, yes it's PTA not PTE, my bad.

Indeed it is weird, as you said I can only find that model with this OS. It is a 2020 model but purchased new only 4 months ago.

I can't find any information on "Simple Smart" OS.

Does the TV have an app store?  Can you send a screenshot?  You might need to try and search for Emby using the search tool rather than browsing if you haven't already

In the settings menu, can you find "About this TV" or something similar and see if there is any mention of webOS?  If so, does it have a version number?

Maybe you could contact LG support and ask them about the OS and app store support.

@LukeI wonder if this is a different device family that needs to be selected on App submission?

Flintfamily

I also looked for info on simple smart vs WebOS and found nothing except the LG product pages, it's very strange.

There is an app store on the TV and manual search does not return any results for Emby.

about_1.jpg

about_2.jpg

about_3.jpg

Store.jpg

OK apparently the app store is called NetRange, which is run by a different company. Never heard of them before, so I guess that's something we'd have to look into.

Flintfamily

Well found. I think I will use a Firestick in the meantime. I doubt this will be a quick process will it?

Why on earth would LG produce a TV that does not run their own OS? Seems really counter intuitive to me.

1 hour ago, Flintfamily said:

Well found. I think I will use a Firestick in the meantime. I doubt this will be a quick process will it?

Not sure on the price difference, but if you’re spending money then a lot of users recommend the nVidia Shield Pro (not standard) if you want no fuss, maximum compatibility with your media. 

Flintfamily

Could you clarify if you are planning to look at getting the app on the NetRange store? I understand it's not going to be a priority.

Flintfamily

Cool, thanks very much.

How long would such a process take on average? Weeks, months, years?

I understand there are a ton of variables but a ball park would be helpful if possible.

Tx

10 minutes ago, Flintfamily said:

Cool, thanks very much.

How long would such a process take on average? Weeks, months, years?

I understand there are a ton of variables but a ball park would be helpful if possible.

Tx

I don't have an ETA right now, sorry. We will look into it.

• 2 months later...
KoqueSilva

I also have a Philco Linux TV with the same app store NetRange wanted it to have Emby, it's the same store in the photo.

Phillco TV 
MODEL TV: PTV55Q20SNBL

16512497475007778627275882326244.jpg

Edited by KoqueSilva