Emby camera upload feature not uploading anything

philippemiller

philippemiller

No mobile client seem to be able to upload pictures from their devices (iOS) to my server.

I've made sure Emby is the user/group owner of the folder where the pictures are supposed to be downloaded. Emby has 777 access to the upload folder for camera pictures.

I can select which folder to upload on every iOS device. I can select the server and "wifi only" option.

I can restart the software, the server, restart the phone or the server. No files gets transferred from the phones to the server.

I run Emby in docker, when I access the docker console (on unraid), I have read/write access to that folder where the files are supposed to get downloaded. I can create files and folders from within that console view directly connected as the emby docker user. I am clueless what could be the issue as the path is set properly with the magnifying glass icon. The permissions are set ok and yet no apparent error message.

Any help would be appreciated,

Philippe

embyserver.txt

philippemiller

I tried unchecking wifi only.

I tried many times unchecking my server, the wifi only and my pictures folders. It worked for one picture, one picture got uploaded then nothing else.

I'm trying to see what I changed but it was from within the apps unchecking these boxes and restart the app somehow. Still not sure what combination of checked boxes I hit so that picture got uploaded yet.

philippemiller

I've got updates.

So one of the 3 devices successfully uploaded all its photos. The other 2 hasn't uploaded anything even tho they are connected to the same account. Are using the same Emby app. (working on ipad but not on two iphones. All of them have latest emby app installed.

Strangely enough it created 3x "uploaded pictures" identical media libraries in emby. Trying to edit one edited the 3 at the same time. Trying to delete one of them and it deleted them all. So I manually created a Library for the ipad but I don't know what will happen when new pictures are taken from the ipad. Will it recreate 3 new libraries again or just add to the current one?

Is this a knowned bug that it's working for ipad OS and not ios? I've checked that the emby apps have access to all pictures, network and run in the backgrond.

I haven't been able to replicate the upload process on the other devices as they are all configured using the same parameters.

• 3 weeks later...
philippemiller

Thanks for the follow up. It seems to be working now. I believe the latest updates fixed the issue. Thank you!