Live TV Hauppauge Windows 10

ITjay
Go to solution Solved by ITjay,

I have Emby 4.6.7.0 running on Windows 10 as a service with NSSM. The account that is running the service is an administrator on the machine. I have a Hauppauge HVR-1250 that is working through WinTV 10, but Emby cannot find it. I get the "No new devices found error." I have attached the server log. Any help would be appreciated.

embyserver.txt

Hi there, if you run Emby Server as a regular application rather than a windows service, how does that compare?

On 2/7/2022 at 1:25 AM, Luke said:

Hi there, if you run Emby Server as a regular application rather than a windows service, how does that compare?

The result is the same. I have attached the log when it is running as an application and the service is shutdown.

embyserver (1).txt

Hi, your server log is showing an error trying to read the xml config file for Live TV tuners.

I'd suggest while running normally (not as a service) to remove all guides and tuners and wait for the guide to refresh to finish.  This should remove everything.

Then try setting up just the tuner again (skip guide for now) to see if Emby recognized it.
Once that's working, add any guide info you need.

Let us know how you make out.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:25 AM, cayars said:

Hi, your server log is showing an error trying to read the xml config file for Live TV tuners.

I'd suggest while running normally (not as a service) to remove all guides and tuners and wait for the guide to refresh to finish.  This should remove everything.

Then try setting up just the tuner again (skip guide for now) to see if Emby recognized it.
Once that's working, add any guide info you need.

Let us know how you make out.

I have nothing listed for tuners or guides. This is the first tuner I have tried to add. Is there an XML file I can delete manually since there is nothing to delete through the GUI as I don't have any tuners listed? I don't know if this matters, but I am running the portable installation. I tried deleting the livetv.xml file in the config directory and it was recreated when I set the recording location, etc. After this, I am still unable to find any tuners. All these tests were when running as an application, not a service.

Forgot to mention but also check your installed plugins.  Make sure you don't have any TV related plugins.  If so remove them and restart the server.

30 minutes ago, cayars said:

Forgot to mention but also check your installed plugins.  Make sure you don't have any TV related plugins.  If so remove them and restart the server.

And then run a guide refresh again after that. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

I just want to clarify so we are on the same page. I have plugins, but none of them seem TV provider related. I have attached a screenshot. If any should be removed, let me know. Also, I am hitting the "Refresh Guide Data" button. I assume that is the refresh you are talking about. It never makes progress or finishes. I have attached a screen shot as well. I have also attached the log after the guide refresh. Still no TV tuners found after restart.

EmbyGuide.png

Embyplugins.png

embyserver (2).txt

11 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  According to your screen shot, you have not added a TV tuner or a guide data source.  Hit the "+" button and add those.

That is why the post was created. When trying to add the Hauppauge tuner, I get the "No device found error". The first post with the server log shows the error.

8 hours ago, Luke said:

Is WinTV up to date?

Yes, I had to buy it for this so it is "WinTV v10 application with Extend". That is apparently the newest version that isn't beta. Version: 40004 | Date: Jan. 4, 2022

After turning on Debug logging, I am seeing this error:

2022-02-18 05:29:35.756 Debug App: Hauppauge response: Could not load file or assembly 'NativeMMS.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
   at HauppaugeWindowsProvider.LiveTvManager.GetTunerInfos()
   at HauppaugeWindowsProvider.ServerManager.GetTunerInfos(Nullable`1 boardId)
   at HauppaugeWindowsProvider.ServerManager.GetBoards()
   at HauppaugeWindowsProvider.Program.GetBoards();;;

That file is in the Emby Server directory. I don't know what the dependencies are though. I have attached a screen shot showing the library in the data directory.

EmbySS.png

embyserver (3).txt

I was thinking about the dependency error and I copied the WinTV DLLs into the Emby server folder but didn't overwrite anything. After that, I was able to add the tuner. I don't know which ones it depends on. Possibly putting the WinTV folder in the path would work too. I will try that as well.