Jump to content

[Standard APK Version] Laggy experience with playback and home screen


Weevillo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi, so I've been trying out the mobile apk on my Shield TV and the user experience has been very inconsistent quality-wise.

A few things that has happened:

  • First frame frozen until I paused and replayed from start (random occurrence, often ASS heavy shows)
  • ASS subtitles on-screen freezes the video until they disappears
  • Pictures loading in slowly making it "laggy" to navigate the home screens
  • Very small show logo and clock in the OSD (not directly topic-related, but anyhow)

If log is needed I can go out of my way to create one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Junglejim
On 06/02/2022 at 01:49, Weevillo said:

Hi, so I've been trying out the mobile apk on my Shield TV and the user experience has been very inconsistent quality-wise.

A few things that has happened:

  • First frame frozen until I paused and replayed from start (random occurrence, often ASS heavy shows)
  • ASS subtitles on-screen freezes the video until they disappears
  • Pictures loading in slowly making it "laggy" to navigate the home screens
  • Very small show logo and clock in the OSD (not directly topic-related, but anyhow)

If log is needed I can go out of my way to create one.

Hi mate, I must be missing something here.. Why would you load a mobile apk onto a Android TV device? Who told you to do that? That's just wrong!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Hi mate, I must be missing something here.. Why would you load a mobile apk onto a Android TV device? Who told you to do that? That's just wrong!

Hi, it's not a mobile apk. It supports all form factors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Hi mate, I must be missing something here.. Why would you load a mobile apk onto a Android TV device? Who told you to do that? That's just wrong!

Ah excuse the confusion, it's as Luke said😅I mislabeled the thread.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, it's not a mobile apk. It supports all form factors.

By the way was wondering: Is this apk version the same as this one and is it possible to get the platform-wide (Android) from the Play store? Or only side-load?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...