custom ratings images

brad_w
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

hey all,

I remember ages ago with the old community tracker there was an article on how to setup custom images for ratings.. i went on a hunt in this new forum and haven't been able to find a thing.

is anyone able to tell me how exactly i set them up? i previously had them working no problems on my old system, and because it's pretty much a setup once and leave it be thing.. i've completely forgotten where abouts it goes, and didn't back up my IBN folder.. ahhhh! as far as i can remember they go in there, but just not sure the folder structure/naming conventions needed.  i have the images ready to go.

any help appreciated!

Cheers.

Cheesegeezer

You have to put them in your theme's mediainfo folder

For example Subdued's would be C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\MediaInfo\Subdued

If doing UK for example you need to name them as follows... 

rated_gb_12.png  or rated_gb_pg.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer

• Solution

They actually go in the ImagesByName folder on the server.  The structure is the same as with MB2 so the old doc on the CT still applies (Christa, can we see about getting that moved over here?).

(these will only be utilized by MBC)

• Like 1

CWNashvegas

They actually go in the ImagesByName folder on the server.  The structure is the same as with MB2 so the old doc on the CT still applies (Christa, can we see about getting that moved over here?).

Yes. The article is already in place, I just need to add additional supported image categories / types to it after testing their support in the various clients.

edit - nevermind. too early in the morning.

Edited by Knowledge Base

working beautifully.  thanks for the help!

Cheesegeezer

Ah, thanks Eric I'll need to change subdued then as currently they are going into where I stated before

Cheers

Ah, thanks Eric I'll need to change subdued then as currently they are going into where I stated before

Cheers

Why is Subdued looking for these directly?  The core handles it...

sorry guys, a little more to add to this.. are TV series ratings treated differently? or use a different naming convention for their rating image? it looks as though none of the images are being applied to any of the tv shows, but work fine for all the movies. I notice they're called "TV PG", "TV MA", etc though. but just not sure what i need to name my files. tried a few different ways, "rated_tv_pg.png" or "rated_tvpg.png" etc. neither look like they work.

Thanks for any help

• 7 months later...
cue1boy

Hi, can you please explain the exact location to put ratings images in media browser 3. I have folders named 12,12A,15,18,PG,R18,U. Inside each folder is the image named as folder.png.

Thank you.

post-4399-0-04794400-1403124032_thumb.png