Emby keep disconnecting from my WD My Cloud network server

oscarhelmut

oscarhelmut

Hi,

I have Emby Premium and I installed on my Laptop as well as my WD MyCloud network server. I have a large movies library on this WD server. I know the setup is good because I can see the movies on my Samsung Phone with all the Emby nicety. About every week (and especially when I download new movies to my WD Server, the connection is lost. I can still go to my Laptop and see the movies as well as My Cloud app on my phone and play them anywhere using VLC. but not with Emby.

This is anoying, particularly when I want to show up how nice is the Emby interface to my friends.

The only way to get it working again is by doing a soft 4 second reset on my WD server.

the disconnection happen on 192.168.1.8096 index. html ( It looks like Emby does not trust my Premium account.

Can someone help me to fix this so I can but a life premium account?

oscarhelmut

Hi Emby Team,

I am not a technical person so it is difficult for me to do things but, I founded the page for the Emby logs.

Anyway there are 10 logs in there but I don't know which one is the one for the disconnection.

Also I don't have checked the tick for the [Enable debug logging] "Yes" now it is NO. Advise how should I have it

Anyway I am sending you the 4 logs closest to the last date that disconnected (if none of them give you any clues, let me know and I will keep a look for the log at the next disconnection.

Thank you for your help, BTW, love the program, much better than PLEX

hardware_detection-63779569453.txt embyserver-63779443200.txt embyserver-63779529544.txt embyserver-63779569411.txt

oscarhelmut

Hi Emby Team,

I am not a technical person so it is difficult for me to do things but, I founded the page for the Emby logs.

Anyway there are 10 logs in there but i don't know which one is the one for the disconnection.

Also I dont have checked the tick for the  

Hi, as a test, can you try removing the port mapper plugin, then restarting Emby Server and seeing how that compares? Thanks.

oscarhelmut

Hi Luke,

What is port mapper plugin? where /how to remove??

i find out that it hasn't disconnected for  over a week now but on my Samsung phone I can only see my WD emby server when at Home (My phone connected to the same network. If I go out (use my phone internet) I can see my laptop Emby (If my Laptop is Switch on) but not my WD NAS. 

I believe that this has been like this since day one but I didn't realise it to let you know.

This is what happen on my Phone when Wi-FI off

open Emby

Select Server =MyCloudEX2Ultra

Username and password /Sign In

Does not connect???

There must be something simple that I am not doing right on the Emby setup 

Many thanks for the help

oscarhelmut

Sorry I forgot to add the last message that I received on my last message

"Connection Failure"

We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again"

Got It

Summary: My WD server is running- i can see my movies anywhere in the world using "My Cloud" on my phone

Emby install on my WD server is working - I can see it on my phone providing I am on the same Home Network

Emby on my Laptop PC is working - I can see it on my phone even when I am in a different network (if I leave my pc on at home?

Thanks,

• 2 months later...
oscarhelmut

Hi Luke, No its seem it was operator issue. I have installed the program on my server and works OK on my phone no issues, but the installation on my laptop does not work sometimes (This was the first installation and does not update the files, I would like to deleted and keep only the one in my server (that is the one that I get on my phone) but I am afraid to loose everything?? I think the one on my TV is also the one in my server as update ok> very confusing for a non technical person?

If I can manage the application correctly, would be good as the interface is fantastic! 

11 hours ago, oscarhelmut said:

Hi Luke, No its seem it was operator issue. I have installed the program on my server and works OK on my phone no issues, but the installation on my laptop does not work sometimes (This was the first installation and does not update the files, I would like to deleted and keep only the one in my server (that is the one that I get on my phone) but I am afraid to loose everything?? I think the one on my TV is also the one in my server as update ok> very confusing for a non technical person?

If I can manage the application correctly, would be good as the interface is fantastic! 

what exactly happens on the laptop?

oscarhelmut

Hi,

I have installed 2 servers as follow: One on my laptop pc and one in my WD My Cloud EX2 ultra Server.

Although occasionally I cannot see the WD Emby server install, I know now that I can fix this by doing a 4 second reset of the WD and then log in at everthing works OK (So the issue must be with the WD server. 

The Emby server installation on my laptop does not update correctly, why ???

You will help me if you can answer this for me: 

1. Can I remove/ delete this without any issue and just use the WD install?
  2. Is there a way to copy my WD Emby server install to my laptop, and my TVs?
  3. I thing by having only one Emby install in my network this will make my setup easier to manage.

I am happy with Emby, (even as it is now), much better than  Plex (and so far all my movies play OK, unlike plex that some movies dont play as they require a lot of processing power. 

The Emby server installation on my laptop does not update correctly,

Hi, what exactly do you mean by "doesn't update correctly" ? Can you please describe this in more detail?

1. Can I remove/ delete this without any issue and just use the WD install?
  2. Is there a way to copy my WD Emby server install to my laptop, and my TVs?
  3. I thing by having only one Emby install in my network this will make my setup easier to manage.

Yes, and yes you could use our backup procedures to restore data from your WD install onto your laptop:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159936-backup

• Thanks 1