Fresh Emby install, music library not working correct

wbravin

Hello all

i have been using the benefits of emby for a number of years with no issues. Recently, kodi released ver 19 with many issues, and i had to revert back to 18.XX to continue to further develop and re configure all my music playlists that i lost during a major system issue. 

during one of the rebuilds i deleted the emby server located on my truenass box.

Now that all is "almost" in order, I reinstalled the emby server in the truenas jail and restarted it. I mounted my media in truenass  (tv shows, movies and music)is mounted the same way  (media/music or movies or tv shows) in truenass jail.

All my music has been processed via musicbraisn software. It has all the details )artist composer album cover etc.

In emby server i added the media folder the same way /media/xxxx

when i go to the home screen on the emby server and i go to music, i can see all my music folder and songs. however i do not see the album artist or the composer. further more not all the thumbnails are showing 

what am i missing 

Happy2Play

Can you also post a server log.  If everything was process with "musicbrainz software" then the tags should be there assuming there is no tagging conflicts or multiple tags.

22 hours ago, Luke said:

@wbravin hi there, are your songs tagged with album artist values? 

hello thank you for replying so quickly.

Yes.

I run all my music through in musicbrains (because not all cd that i have or albums have all the information and i would add t5he missing information manually in the appropriate feild.

If i load the library in kodi directly i get all the information. 

In addition prior to my issues all worked perfectly . Freenas media did not change structure 

Happy2Play

Devs or fellow platform user will have to comment more but there is something wrong with ffmpeg/ffprobe as Emby cannot probe media to get the information.

And looks like a path issue with SMB

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File not found.
	File name: 'smb://192.168.1.104/music/Elvis Presley/ELV1S- 30 '

3 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Devs or fellow platform user will have to comment more but there is something wrong with ffmpeg/ffprobe as Emby cannot probe media to get the information.

And looks like a path issue with SMB

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File not found.
	File name: 'smb://192.168.1.104/music/Elvis Presley/ELV1S- 30 '

Thank you for your reply.

I saw that too. do i need to re-install and re configure emby server on truenas or/and the emby addon in kodi (more likely) and at that point re install kodi.?

or should i just wait for an additional reply from someone else

again thank you

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, wbravin said:

or should i just wait for an additional reply from someone else

I would wait but believe there is a secondary step to getting Emby ffpmeg/ffprobe.  Will look around for other topics on this.

Happy2Play

Looking at this topic (same errors) you should be able to install beta 4.7.

Hi, instead of adding smb libraries to Emby, try instead mounting them to a local path using the tools in the OS, and then setup the library with the local path instead. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

hello all 

thank you for the suggestion and help

just as an update

I migrated to kodi 19.3 and emby next gen on my test pc,  all videos (movies tv shows and youtube video) have loaded completely and correctly.... yuppie

although the music library still is not loaded into kodi

on the truenas all permissions are identical and have never changed for the last 13 years

in trunas emby plugin,all libraries are mounted exactly in the same way

In the emby dashboard:

1. under library I deleted the music library
  2. added the music library again as /media/music/
  3. rescanned the library
  4. restarted emby server.

Now if i go to Home in the emby server dashboard, and select music.

1. I do have files in "suggestions"
  2. nothing in "album artists"
  3. nothing under "composers"
  4. In "playlist i do have collection by artist (but no content under the playlist), this my be an different problem and i need to investigate on my end (I do not use these playlist. I normally go to kodi advance user settings and have the playlists i create play from there
  5. in "songs" all the library seems to be there and i manage to play a few
  6. under folders I seem to have all of them and i can play the songs in the subfolder of the artist

On my trunas my music is sorted as follows (when i ha kodi 17 and with the emby addon  before all worked fine and flawless and as said before all the music get processed by music brains to ensure correct data is assigned to the album and artist)

in the emby for kodi addon setting i tried to repair the music library, delete the library and re added the music library

/media/music/artist/album/tracks

in kodi all libraries are mapped to a local "mapped drive" in  my windows explorer.

I see 2 issues

a) emby server not mapping the music library to the proper dashboard filters

b) emby next gen is not adding the music libraries to the kodi dash boar or to the  

i know not what else i can do

thank you for your patience and help

thank you for your quick reply

the following is my mounted folder in the truenas emby jail (under mount points)

Music

/mnt/media/iocage/jails/emby/root/media/music

movies 

/mnt/media/iocage/jails/emby/root/media/movies

tv shows

/mnt/media/iocage/jails/emby/root/media/tv shows

in the emby server library, the libraries are set up as follows:

music

/media/music

movies

/media/movies

tv shows

/media/tv shows

Edited by wbravin

hello all 

sorry to display my ignorance

to add further confusion 

in emby server, running on truenas after adding the library (with no issues) i tried to play (always from the server) a file from movies or tv shows i get a playback error " no compatible streams are currently available"

yet all files are shown

I did verify the permission in truenas for each dataset and they include emby and myself with full control. I sign in either as myself as a user on emby server or as user emby. I get same result

i hear this my be a ffmpeg issue I include here below a\ copy of the log

Thank you

ffmpeg-transcode-cc90825d-6262-40bd-b9d2-c42c86287cec_1.txt

3 hours ago, wbravin said:

hello all 

sorry to display my ignorance

to add further confusion 

in emby server, running on truenas after adding the library (with no issues) i tried to play (always from the server) a file from movies or tv shows i get a playback error " no compatible streams are currently available"

yet all files are shown

I did verify the permission in truenas for each dataset and they include emby and myself with full control. I sign in either as myself as a user on emby server or as user emby. I get same result

i hear this my be a ffmpeg issue I include here below a\ copy of the log

Thank you

ffmpeg-transcode-cc90825d-6262-40bd-b9d2-c42c86287cec_1.txt 2 kB · 0 downloads

Can you please attach the emby server log as well? Thanks.

Happy2Play

My guess is you do not have Emby's ffmpeg/ffprobe as ffmpeg/ffprobe appears to not work at all on this system.

Thank you for responding.

what should i do in this case?

how do i fix this?

the jail is on truenas and all Kodi clients are on with the emby nex gen addon are on windows 10 

i performed a sfc/scannow on my windows 10 test unit and the scan did find errors. they were corrected and the pc rebooted

went the emby server dashboard (from my laptop) and tried to play from the server a movie. I got the same error 

also i used my home assistant laptop to login to emby server from that machine and proceeded to try this process again with the same result. therefore iMHO i feel that the error stems from the turenas server Correct?

thank you again 

Edited by wbravin

hello all

today

i uninstalled the emby plugin and jail from truenas

i deleted the emby next gen addon from kodi

i uninstalled kodi

i rebooted truenass

i installed emby server from the trunas community plugin list

after basic configuration i mounted the libraries (as mentioned above)

i opened the emby dashboard after basic configuration i added the libraries to emby (again as above)

after the libraries were loaded i went to home and saw that all 3 libraries had content. 

However i could not play any video i get a playback error No compatible streams are currently available for both movies and tv shows

under the music  library under album artist, composers  in playlist i see one album i shows songs i try to play then and i get a playback error. however under "songs" i see tracks and i can play some of them and others i get playback error. These songs are mp3 format and have been passed through music brains. and under folders i see all 660 folder and if i click on one of them i see the tracks. i can play some tracks and some others i get the playback error.

I install kodi 19.3 on my windows 10 pc. I configured it as i needed. then i installed the emby next gen addon. I loaded all the video libraries with no errors. while in kodi I can play and hear the videos ( tried 5 movies and 5 tv shows) and it worked. emby addon did not load any of the music in kodi . even if i go to my addon sin kofdi and open up the emby addon and select music when i peruse the subfolders i find that they are all emby

I include the hardware detection logs and the 2 server logs from when i reinstall all and finally the embyserver(1) which is the latest one. Between these server logs there  many ffmeg logs. 

I hoe this helps

thank you for for taking the time you are dedicating to this, your patience and help

embyserver (1).txt embyserver-63780684674.txt embyserver-63780684735.txt hardware_detection-63780692384.txt

8 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Have a look here

Hello all, 

I'm running ver 4.6.7.0 of emby server .

in reading the above message i see that this was happening in 4.6,4.0 would this still apply to me. 

if ermby ships it's own ffmpeg  (and it says that in the next release this should be fixed does this still apply to my sittuation?

Happy2Play

I honestly don't know but there are several topics on the wrong ffmpeg being use on this platform.  But looking at the path being used would suggest to me that your are not using Emby's versions.

I know there are major changes in beta 4.7 in this area.

I know nothing of this platform but would assume you could copy/move Emby's ffmpeg/ffprobe to the folders being used per the linked topic.

2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I honestly don't know but there are several topics on the wrong ffmpeg being use on this platform.  But looking at the path being used would suggest to me that your are not using Emby's versions.

I know there are major changes in beta 4.7 in this area.

I know nothing of this platform but would assume you could copy/move Emby's ffmpeg/ffprobe to the folders being used per the linked topic.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond so late. 

i do not know what you mean by "copy/move emby's ffmep/ffprobe to the folders used per the linked above"

do you mean go to the shell in truenas then go to /usr/local/etc and copy and paste all the code where it's highlighted /rc.d/emby-server or /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg"

i'm not well versed in this (not at all to be sure ) and unfortunately i would rather wait for 4.7 and hope this would be fixed.

I also run Plex (which i do not like) to insure that my setting (truenas settings ACL and paths) are correct. I my mind if it works in plex then truenas config is fine 

Happy2Play
31 minutes ago, wbravin said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond so late. 

i do not know what you mean by "copy/move emby's ffmep/ffprobe to the folders used per the linked above"

do you mean go to the shell in truenas then go to /usr/local/etc and copy and paste all the code where it's highlighted /rc.d/emby-server or /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg"

i'm not well versed in this (not at all to be sure ) and unfortunately i would rather wait for 4.7 and hope this would be fixed.

I also run Plex (which i do not like) to insure that my setting (truenas settings ACL and paths) are correct. I my mind if it works in plex then truenas config is fine 

I was just thinking copy or move ffmpeg/ffmprobe from  /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin to /usr/local/bin.

As I believe these are none Emby versions. "freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe"

But I guess if the original paths can be reapplied it should work also, but know nothing about this platform.