Jump to content

Allowing option to play videos vertically on mobile clients.


DarKni8
 Share

Recommended Posts

Allow end user to play video in any orientation or even make video player respect system's auto rotate feature.

I think it's a small feature but can improve content viewing experience for mobile devices.

 

Currently, auto rotate works on my iPad, but the app crashes badly on portrait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Raajul said:

Currently, auto rotate works on my iPad, but the app crashes badly on portrait.

Hi, is this when starting in portrait, or after rotating during playback?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, is this when starting in portrait, or after rotating during playback?

Both cases.

Also, I know you are busy guy, luke. But please look into logs which i shared in your DMs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

   Guys , you know what the funny thing is, video player respects auto rotation in android if emby is opened through Chrome or Firefox.   If i am not underestimating efforts, this one should not be hard for android client.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Raajul said:

Both cases.

Also, I know you are busy guy, luke. But please look into logs which i shared in your DMs.

the logs won't tell me this. Can you please answer this question? Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Luke said:

the logs won't tell me this. Can you please answer this question? Thanks.

Already answered. Both cases it crashes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DarKni8 said:

Hi, is this feature request considered and possible in near future?

Yes it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
DarKni8

Hey Luke, hope you're well,  are we getting auto rotate or option to play vertical videos any SOON on android? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DarKni8 said:

Hey Luke, hope you're well,  are we getting auto rotate or option to play vertical videos any SOON on android? 

Hi, it's possible for the future. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DarKni8
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, it's possible for the future. Thanks.

Possibilities are endless! Is it on road map? Or this thread will also end up like threads on plex forums where simple and basic features like this which can be implemented in short span of time takes years. These small things are not very flashy features but a nice add i think where you just have to remove a flag where it locks the video in landscape mode and let it respect android's auto rotate just like it does on iOS

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
DarKni8

Hi @Luke, bumping this thread , I feel it should not be a big change as its already the behavior on ios , Please at least make it possible in beta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HI, more control over this is planned for future updates. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Armageus
On 15/03/2022 at 05:36, DarKni8 said:

Or this thread will also end up like threads on plex forums where simple and basic features like this which can be implemented in short span of time takes years.

Sadly you've hit the nail on the head imo. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DarKni8

I would be so disappointed if very small change cant come up soon they just have to make it respect android's auto rotate. Jellyfin is already doing it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...