Do YOU use Genre icons? (Poll)

Starkadius

MB Community Genre Icon Usage  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use genre icons for your Movies collection?

2. 2. Do you use genre icons for your TV collection?

3. 3. Do you use genre icons for your Music collection?

Starkadius

I am starting a poll to get an idea of how many MediaBrowser users actually populate their genres with icons for their collections. I have noticed that some MB clients (MBC, MBT excluded) don't pull the genre icons from the server and instead just use the label.

So really what I want to know is there a demand for genre icons to be pulled to other clients as well or do most of you simply not use genre icons and could care less. Thanks.

• Like 4

CWNashvegas

I stated yes / yes / no, but it's because I have 100+ custom music genres. I'd use genre icons for music if I had normal genres.

crashkelly

I voted "not yet", "not yet", "no" because I do not have any music as part of my collections.

Pool is a great idea and thanks for setting it up.

Cheers

thealienamongus

I stated yes / yes / no, but it's because I have 100+ custom music genres. I'd use genre icons for music if I had normal genres.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/itunesgenres/pool/ there a quite alot here. Tikuf made a bunch too.

I voted not yet cause I'm kinda between sets atm, the set I'm using isn't broad enough so I'm thinking of using Tikuf Glow set or Jon's pearl set. I actually making some right now (don't count on me finishing them) based on a flimstrip with each frame a backdrop from a movie in the corresponding genre but I only just started working on them.

Edited by thealienamongus
  • Like 1

I voted triple no. I have nothing against the graphics, I just find the drill down, drill back up to be too cumbersome. I much prefer this....

win8-netflix_mf.png

• Like 1

I voted triple "No". However, I did just install ebr's Genre cleaner. More out of curiosity than anything else tho. :)

Edit: don't use MB for Music and probably won't but answering this poll this has got me thinking, maybe I will have a look see....

Edited by jordy

Pirlo1966

Why exactly is MBC not pulling the IBN genre icons? It used to do so, right?

Edited by ehgeahrev

Why exactly is MBC not pulling the IBN genre icons? It used to do so, right?

If you're having an issue please file that in the right area. This thread is a poll.

• 1 month later...
Ergo Proxy

No to all.

Personally find that to get a great look, need to simplify things on the screen. Adding all kinds of icons for metadata, because they look cool, just don't work for me. Feel overwhelmed if anything.

Keep it clean and simple. However, each to their own :)

Just my 2pence.

• 4 weeks later...
Brendon

'Not Yet' on all counts mainly as i havent found a nice set i like and my photoshop skill are not the greatest, having said that i did use Xesners in MB2 however he seems to be MIA and i can't find a .psd for them so would rather go without then have half missing.

Also as someone else pointed out i have a few custom music genres, but again i would happily make icons for them, and i haven't invested much time in the music side of MB as yet due to MBT still fairly incomplete for music playback.

Edited by Brendon

Koleckai Silvestri

If there is a slot for a graphic, I will try to fill it. Big Bold Graphics is one of the draws to customized theater systems.

Soultaker

I was going to vote triple no, however, I believe this highlights a user experience issue in the fundamental design of MB.

As it stands I'm currently undecided.

• 1 month later...
AdrianW

I use Xzener's clapperboard icons for my collections and I've also populated the IBN Genre folder with the clapperboard genre images. I don't have any specific for TV though.

But, I very rarely view by Genre - with movies I almost always just go to my New Releases collection and for TV I just go directly to the specific shows I want to watch.

Edited by AdrianW