Channel Images after Mapping

EODCrafter

EODCrafter

Can we look at improving this? The Guide auto maps to incorrect channels but after correcting the mapping the images remain. The correct image is the first one but it always seems it defaults to the other ones.

image.thumb.png.6ba72356f1d33073a7fbdd7127509d41.png

Yes I suppose we could clear out existing images after changing the mapping for a channel, although I'm not sure users will always want this.

• Like 1

EODCrafter
On 2/1/2022 at 11:06 AM, Luke said:

Yes I suppose we could clear out existing images after changing the mapping for a channel, although I'm not sure users will always want this.

JC, Why would they want to keep logos that don't match?

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...

There's a reason...

When guide mapping only pulls in one logo image (as in the OP's case), it places that image into the Logo (Dark Version) area.  Most of the Emby backgrounds that I've tried have a darker background on the channel listing area, and it appears that Emby looks for logos in the Logo (Light Version) or Logo (Light with color) area for these backgrounds.  If it doesn't find an image there, it defaults to the image stored in the Logo (Dark version) area, and these images often look horrible against a dark background.  

1915465013_cbssample.JPG.09dd27cfd3e03f744cf87398d3232c38.JPG

sample1.JPG.24e90896e729b52ed33e095073d8bf7d.JPG

To fix this, I add my own logo to the Logo (Light with color) area.

sample3.JPG.92383f4fe06c1831b19e457e7239adc9.JPG

sample4.JPG.25a18d03f2629c8f52bc8f3282c1b981.JPG

If I have to remap channels in the future, I wouldn't want my saved images to be overwritten on these channels that don't bring in suitable light logos.

Edited by ttowler

We still need to add an option to control where images come from in the event both the guide data and the tuner source (m3u) contain channel images.

Once we have this, then if the preferred source is coming from the guide data, then I would think we should clear existing images when you change the mappings.

And if we only load one version of the image?
Will it be used even if not optimal for the theme?

• Like 1