Quick Connect

Przemek

Przemek

Hello, is it possible to implement in Emby Quick Connect option like in Jellyfin or other apps for smart tv's? Sometimes it's difficult to put long passwords on some devices.
Regards.

• Like 4

• 11 months later...
mturcotteinfo

Some people have difficult to connect because my url is long fir smart tv. So if we can use quickconnect for logging quickly for people who don't live with me. 

with jellyfin we can do it.  I wonder why we can't do it with emby.

regards.

Przemek
27 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  We already have Emby Connect for this purpose.

Hi, Emby Connect is nice but sometimes cause troubles and it's difficult for some users.

It will be great to have very easy connection:

Just open Emby on smartphone or browser and generate PIN that will put in TV.

Regards.

• 4 months later...
Robert87354

I was thinking of giving Emby a chance, but Jellyfin seems to be better, Emby looks like Plex every time, he doesn't see the need for users, Emby Connect is not a solution, it complicates it.

• Like 1

Przemek
14 minutes ago, Robert87354 said:

I was thinking of giving Emby a chance, but Jellyfin seems to be better, Emby looks like Plex every time, he doesn't see the need for users, Emby Connect is not a solution, it complicates it.

Jellyfin is fork of Emby so they both looks the same. Plex is different and more complicated and problematic.

CloudWing93
On 1/15/2023 at 7:41 AM, ebr said:

Emby connect also only works for that that use it for authentication. It would be nice to have a solution that would work with local auth.

• 8 months later...
AWG97
On 1/15/2023 at 8:11 PM, ebr said:

Does that mean each local user needs to be connected to an Emby Connect account? I try to avoid setting up Emby Connect since it confuses users by requiring two sets of credentials to log in.Even if I set users to log in solely via Emby Connect, it will eventually ask for local credentials, especially when switching profiles.

I want to get this working with the least friction for users.

3 minutes ago, AWG97 said:

Does that mean each local user needs to be connected to an Emby Connect account? I try to avoid setting up Emby Connect since it confuses users by requiring two sets of credentials to log in.Even if I set users to log in solely via Emby Connect, it will eventually ask for local credentials, especially when switching profiles.

I want to get this working with the least friction for users.

HI, Emby Connect is a purely optional feature. You are not required to use it if you don't want to.

What ebr was saying was that one user asked for a pin code sign in process for TV's, and that's exactly what the Emby Connect feature does.

• Thanks 1

CloudWing93
On 2/25/2024 at 10:48 PM, Luke said:

HI, Emby Connect is a purely optional feature. You are not required to use it if you don't want to.

What ebr was saying was that one user asked for a pin code sign in process for TV's, and that's exactly what the Emby Connect feature does.

While it is true that currently with emby connect you can use a pin to connect a TV quickly to your account it is also true that you cannot use a PIN for local only users. There are several users in this thread that are requesting a TV pin option for local users as well.

• Agree 1