Some songs frequently skip parts of the song

MBSki

MBSki

@Luke @cayars Just following up. Where exactly can I change the music playback setting to 128k? I can't find that setting on the server or app.

MBSki
7 minutes ago, cayars said:

Screenshot_20220307-135649.thumb.png.98ae1bd8fde20e83c55344a38c595702.png

On the playback settings page.

Thanks @cayars. Don't know why I didn't notice that.

@Luke Changing to 128k does in fact get it to play back properly. Does that mean direct play isn't working for some reason?

I think it just means the connection is not able to sustain the higher bitrate.

MBSki
41 minutes ago, Luke said:

I think it just means the connection is not able to sustain the higher bitrate.

But it doesn't work at home either on a 100 Mb connection. 

Have you tried checking the settings when at home?  I'd give the settings a check when you connect and let us know.

MBSki

@cayars And to clarify, I just tested while sitting right next to my WiFi 6 router getting 400+ Mb and it still doesn't work. It seems unlikely that there isn't enough bandwidth to play back certain songs that aren't even high bitrate songs.

Happy2Play

Reading this topic, does it not point to a flaky device if it works everywhere else?  I guess the only test would be a different like device.

MBSki
21 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Reading this topic, does it not point to a flaky device if it works everywhere else?  I guess the only test would be a different like device.

That's what I thought at the beginning. But I don't quite understand why or how to fix it. 

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, mbarylski said:

That's what I thought at the beginning. But I don't quite understand why or how to fix it. 

If it is something specific to the device, it might not be fixable.  But that is just a guess on my part as I don't have Android mobile.

5 hours ago, mbarylski said:

@cayars And to clarify, I just tested while sitting right next to my WiFi 6 router getting 400+ Mb and it still doesn't work. It seems unlikely that there isn't enough bandwidth to play back certain songs that aren't even high bitrate songs.

I'm not saying you don't have enough bandwidth.  I'm just saying to check the bandwidth settings in the app,when you're back on the LAN as it could be using a different server entry or method.

Edited by cayars

With that said if we're only talking about music you don't need that much anyway, not compared to video anyway.

Looking at the logs is probably going to be the best bet to get to the bottom of this.

MBSki
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

I'm not saying you don't have enough bandwidth.  I'm just saying to check the bandwidth settings in the app,when you're back on the LAN as it could be using a different server entry or method.

Ok, no problem. Where is the "bandwidth" setting? Everything I see is unlimited.

MBSki
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

With that said if we're only talking about music you don't need that much anyway, not compared to video anyway.

Looking at the logs is probably going to be the best bet to get to the bottom of this.

Sounds good. I just added you to a PM with logs. If you could take a look I'd appreciate it.

• 2 months later...
Meijinhada

Just to add to this post, I've had some similarly weird issues with my S22.  But I am also trying to completely factory reset it, since I used Smart Switch to transfer my stuff from my Note 10+., and I think it's caused other issues.  That might fix it, and fingers crossed that it does.

But I was having super weird issues with Emby playing remotely with my phone, especially when it came to Android Auto.  My Note 10+ was only a 4G phone, and I would have issues once in a while with stuttering, but this new phone, with Verizon 5G UW, has been hilariously weird.  More than a few times songs will just stop playing audibly, but the time will still keep going as if it just muted itself; skipping a song doesn't work, because then it just sits.  But I can back out, reload the playlist, and it will kick back on again.  Sometimes, a song will just...skip to the next one in the middle of the song, and today, I watched as a song did exactly that, showing a completely new song and ticking time, while the original song played to the end....and then skipped to ANOTHER song.  And then I've had a few songs go so crazy, they went back in time to replicate a cassette tape being eaten, because they were speeding up and freaking out on me.  And all of these are songs that used to work fine on my last phone.

I am on the beta, so I tried downloading and using the apk directly from the site, but no dice.  So, factory resetting right now.  Maybe that will fix it.

On 1/30/2022 at 9:52 PM, mbarylski said:

Looks like they are all wma.

I think we know what this is now.

MBSki
3 hours ago, ebr said:

I think we know what this is now.

Good to hear. Can you fix it? I thought I had some flacs that wouldn't play, but I can't find a same at the moment. If I find a sample I'll send it.

25 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Can you fix it?

We don't know yet.  The issue is in ffmpeg.

MBSki
23 minutes ago, ebr said:

We don't know yet.  The issue is in ffmpeg.

Ah, ok. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...