About splash image - EmbyServer 4670

CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Hi,
I started using a system that no longer allows access to Emby folders and it is also not possible to edit any HTML file.
Given this, I would like to know if it is possible to obtain a CSS code file that allows replacing the splash image, the one that opens Emby, which some people call the big logo.
Alternatively, if using CSS it is not possible to change the SPLASH image, deleting it is a good option as well.
Thanks in advance.

Edited by CarlosLima

Keeping in mind that any changes you make to html or js files directly will be overriden on update.

The splash image is found in the index.html.

There is a place under "Settings" in the dashboard that allows you to add perminent custom css to the server.

The splash does have a class on it that you could try to target with css.

The css is targeting a PNG of the Emby logo, hosted in the file system.

Or you could rewrite the html file. But, you'd have to upkeep those changes when emby updates. Be careful when you make changes. You don't know if you will change something that has effects in the JavaScript for loading and whatnot. 

😃

Edited by chef

CarlosLima

I understand your message, thank you.
I can't edit the html and I can't access Emby folders because I use Docker, so what I need is a CSS that allows me to change the SPLASH image.

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, CarlosLima said:

I can't access Emby folders because I use Docker

Why not?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/86935-css-location-docker/&do=findComment&comment=971459

There are several topics that discuss this.

I would have to test again but I believe it really can not be done with css do to when the splash loads and when css is loaded.  So you would have to edit the html.  Believe there is another topic with this discussion.