Emby App in Samsung TV does not stay signed in

IvanJoshua

IvanJoshua

Hello:

I have restarted my TV to factory settings due to networking issues. After the restart Emby App no longer stay signed in. I have access to my server in my phone and in my computer. I have logged in with generated PIN with my devices. As soon as I turn off the TV Emby always prompts me to sign back in. I re-downloaded Emby multiple times and the issue still persists. Any suggestions?

If you use the "manual login", there is an option "remember last user" (or something like this).

See, if this is checked, normally this should be the default.

This is for the Tizen app, if you are using this.

Ciao, Alfred

IvanJoshua

@serpi Thanks for the response. Yes. The 'Remember me' box is checked. I even checked/re-checked box and then logged in. The issue still persists. I do not have problem with my other devices except my TV. 

Actually sounds like it might be detecting the TV as being on a remote network, in which case it will probably always ask for a password

IvanJoshua

@SamES

Thanks for responding. How do I fix this issue? I deleted the app and reinstalled, but it still does it. This only happened after I restarted my Samsung TV back to factory settings because of network connection issues.

Edited by IvanJoshua

Is the TV and Server on the same local network and both on the same subnet?  Generally, this would mean that the ip address for both is the same except for the last part of the ip address