iOS App does not correctly handle media stubs

nterupt

Hello,

I’ve recently started using media stubs for some of my movies in my Emby Library that I have on disc.  I have multiple clients (FireTV, NVIDIA Shield, iPhones).  I went to check how all my clients handled it and noticed that iOS unexpectedly showed a play button even though the media was an empty “.disc”.  I tried the play button but then proceeded to get a playback error, asking me to insert the disc.  That obviously wasn’t possible, but when I hit “OK” to dismiss the error, the error kept popping up and I had to force kill the app.

The other devices in my house handle it how I would expect, don’t have a play button, but let you watch the trailer so I can determine whether I want to go to my movie shelf and get the disc.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

98A2D3AB-0069-4604-B2E2-31DBC3DFF894.png

GrimReaper

Hey up,

don't use media stubs so won't be much of a help, but as per KB article:

Emby Media Stubs : Emby

Emby has support for offline media stub files. These are files that represent a media outside of the online digital infrastructure and allow Emby's library to index your "offline" media collection, as well as ask for the media when selected for playback.

not really sure whether iOS app is wrong or all the others are (else you couldn't be asked/get that prompt), Dev will have to chime in.

Yeah, I’m not sure, it definitely seems like the app shouldn’t keep showing that error until you force kill the app though.

Seems like allowing disc insertion would make sense for like Emby Theater, but LG apps, FireTVs, iOS it doesn’t.

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, nterupt said:

Yeah, I’m not sure, it definitely seems like the app shouldn’t keep showing that error until you force kill the app though.

Definitely, it should be one-off, once acknowledged.

As for:

2 minutes ago, nterupt said:

Seems like allowing disc insertion would make sense for like Emby Theater, but LG apps, FireTVs, iOS it doesn’t.

IMHO all client apps should either display it (one might as well have Theater in TV mode on HTPC and watch it on TV) or not, that is just a reminder to walk and grab it off the shelf if one fancies being reminded of.

I pressed play on the movie, a button I didn’t expect to be there since the file is an an empty .disc file (media stub).

974EFDE8-72D7-4002-AC7C-C58E3AA6A585.png

Right but based on the description in our help topic, now you understand the intended usage and why the play button is there, right?