Artist and Person Link

Brendon

Brendon

At the moment there is no link between a person profile and an artist profile if they are the one and same, for example if i click Prince within my music libraries i get all his songs, albums, appears on and music videos but it does not show any of his movies, documentaries or anything from a mixed library, and the opposite is the case if i click within a film library i get all his films, tv episodes and anything in a mixed library but nothing for music or music video.

I think it's logical to somehow merge/link this information if at all possible, sorry if i explained it poorly but i hope you guys get what i mean.

• Like 1

sydlexius

@Brendon I like your idea!  Do you know of any metadata sources that combine that information?  Unfortunately, the obvious choices like TVDB, TheMovieDB, IMDB, and Musicbrainz come up empty.

Edited by sydlexius
fixed typo

Brendon
2 hours ago, sydlexius said:

@Brendon I like your idea!  Do you know of any metadata sources that combine that information?  Unfortunately, the obvious choices like TVDB, TheMovieDB, IMDB, and Musicbrainz come up empty.

I know of nothing mate, my thinking was maybe a way we could do it within emby either via a plug-in or an option in the meta data where we can manually link an artist and person.

sydlexius

I suspect that this would be a herculean effort.  None of the metadata sources that Emby relies upon has any intrinsic way to correlate the people.  Further, there are plenty of cases where there are multiple "talents" with the same name...sometimes in the same industry.  Someone would need to manually disambiguate them. 

I did some research and found that Variety has a service called Insight that has a database of over 800k people, but I suspect it's very US-centric...and it's probably not a cheap API to license.