NeoGeo and Gamebrowser

xXSagaiaXx

xXSagaiaXx

What is the recommended emulator for neogeo and what is the switch setting.

I would love to run this through gamebrowser instead of setting up hyperspin.

Thanks,

S.

mame runs neogeo, the same settings mame uses would work

xXSagaiaXx

okay so I tried mame and it wants to work . You can see the mame window pop up then it closed and goes right back into gamebrowser.

I use the switch "{romNameNoExt}" -rp "[path}" for mame.

S.

You need to verify your ROM sets to match your Mame version. You are lacking roms within your romset, or the names have changed when versions are updated, and names on Roms within those zips have changed. Redumps mean CRC changes occur, size differences, etc.. So much to know.. But there is an easier way.

Use clrmamepro and have it generate a DAT from your exact Mame.exe version you are using. Now use that DAT in clrmamepro to scan your Roms. Any missing rebuild with clrmamepro from your download folder into your Mame set. Never directly copy Roms Into your Mame set folder after the first scan. Always rebuild from a separate location. I suspect you are missing neogeo.zip, the Neo-Geo bios Roms, but this is just an guess.

http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/

For Mame this utility is a requirement.

http://www.mameworld.info/easyemu/clrmameguide/clrmame-guide.html

This explains how it works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

The bios goes in the /Roms folder with the Roms. But I highly suggest clrmamepro should be used to scan first and see if the game is even loadable with all matching Roms and no problems. When mame immediately exits that is a bad sign that indicates Roms are missing for the game you are attempting to launch.

http://mame.3feetunder.com/clrmamepro-quick-start-guide/

This explains exactly the steps required to make your DAT, scan, make fix-dat's and rebuild. Fix-dat you would post to Usenet alt.binaries.Mame or similar. Or ask someone with a full Mame set to help you by rebuilding from their set to match your fix-dat. If you need help there are forums that explain all this in far greater detail, and with pictures.

Edited by speechles

On the PC serving, you scan with clrmamepro in the /Roms folder. The client emulator must know what to do with "ROM.zip". Some games use multiple "rom.zip" if the set is kept split. Some games in differing regions do, as well as like every single Neo-Geo game does. The roms cannot be like this for gamebrowser. They must be "split-merged" so every child Rom has its parent roms within its single zip.This is not a normal convention using split-merged, but required because of how gamebrowser works.

@@Redshirt can confirm if I am correct. But I assume I am logistically speaking.

To get around this you must rebuild your Roms in mame with clrmamepro as split-merged if they are to be used on a client which is not located on the server machine. To get all the Roms In a single zip that is required with gamebrowser to send so the client emulator can run said game.

Edited by speechles

You need to modify the files of the server. Learn clrmamepro and edit the roms files on the server using split-merged sets. Rebuild them to this type. It isn't that difficult if you already can set up Mediabrowser correctly. Re-read my prior posts and the URLs I gave. These explain the process.

It may be called "unmerged" sets in clrmamepro this is technically the same as "split-merged". The ROM you download must match compatibility of your Mame version. What works on Mame 0.37 will not on Mame 138 necessarily. The ROM must also be rebuilt into an unmerged set with clrmamepro to verify completeness. This is why people say its easier to just redownload entire Mame sets for each version? They don't understand how to use clrmamepro either. Save yourself time and bandwidth and learn clrmamepro. It is your friend. Rebuild point it at your neogeo Roms, choose unmerged set, leave the rest default. Maybe unchecked remove rebuilt source files. This is all you should have to do. With neogeo, the Roms are usually kept split. You can try unzip neogeo.zip and paste the contents into neogeogamehere.zip which effectively does the same as unmerged. Albeit for just the one game. Its much easier to tell clrmamepro to do it over every romset though.

Edited by speechles

xXSagaiaXx

Sorry. Just saw ur post from earlier about where the bios goes. I don't need to worry about matching romset cause neogeo doesn't have any. I don't think I'll use game browser for Mame arcade, just for neogeo Roms.

xXSagaiaXx

Okay, so I put the bios in both the server /roms folder and the client /roms folder. It launches a game gets to the load 40% and closes then back to the game screen. Here's a portion of my log:

2014-09-19 08:37:00.7333,Debug,,Gamebrowser playback controller playback finished,71,
2014-09-19 08:37:00.7333,Debug,,Reporting stopped to server for mslugx,71,
2014-09-19 08:37:00.7333,Debug,,Detaching low-level keyboard hook,1,Application
2014-09-19 08:37:00.7483,Debug,,Setting new status on mslugx with parent of NeoGeo,71,
2014-09-19 08:37:00.7483,Debug,,Firing Application.PlaybackFinished for: mslugx,71,
2014-09-19 08:37:00.7483,Debug,,Updating Resume status...,71,
2014-09-19 08:37:00.7483,Debug,,All post-playback actions have completed.,71,
2014-09-19 08:37:00.7513,Info,,Received web socket message: PlaybackStopped,71,
2014-09-19 08:37:00.9203,Info,,Received web socket message: PlaybackStopped,71,
2014-09-19 08:37:01.3423,Info,,Received web socket message: UserDataChanged,7,

xXSagaiaXx

Okay. I ran romcenter (I personally like better than CLRmame pro) and it fixed all my roms. I can get the roms to load just fine when I have the rom in both the /roms folder on the client pc and on the server. If I just try and load a rom that's just on the server I get this error:

5420c7000c090_Untitled.png

I looked in the zip for the rom and all of the listed files are in there.

I just checked my logs and it does have a weird error at the bottom that I can't make any sense of.

I included those as well.

Thanks,

S.

MBClassic-2292014a5d98a5bbe284ef2946aacceb3600098.log

Edited by xXSagaiaXx