Can't choose where to record Live TV

stevesb99

stevesb99

Recently, finally and with much regret I have sadly parted ways with my beloved Win 7/Media Center setup. This team worked flawlessly, for years, 

with my Ceton InfiniTV allowing me to watch and record live TV. I have now graduated to Win 10 and Emby LIve TV using the HDHomerun Prime

with cable card. I've got it all set up and it works just fine. I do have Emby Server installed on my QnapNAS box, where I also store all of my

media. The problem I'm having is that Emby will not let me choose where to record my TV shows. By default TV shows are recorded to...

/share/CACHEDEV5_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/data/LiveTV/*filename*. When I go into LiveTV setup and choose a default record folder

on a local drive on my PC I get no recordings at all, at either location. Help.

Edited by stevesb99

EODCrafter
35 minutes ago, stevesb99 said:

Recently, finally and with much regret I have sadly parted ways with my beloved Win 7/Media Center setup. This team worked flawlessly, for years, 

with my Ceton InfiniTV allowing me to watch and record live TV. I have now graduated to Win 10 and Emby LIve TV using the HDHomerun Prime

with cable card. I've got it all set up and it works just fine. I do have Emby Server installed on my QnapNAS box, where I also store all of my

media. The problem I'm having is that Emby will not let me choose where to record my TV shows. By default TV shows are recorded to...

/share/CACHEDEV5_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/data/LiveTV/*filename*. When I go into LiveTV setup and choose a default record folder

on a local drive on my PC I get no recordings at all, at either location. Help.

Emby has to have Read/Write Permissions in order to record to the Folder. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that on QNap. I think there is a sub-group for QNap....https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/154-qnap/

Edited by EODCrafter

stevesb99

Luke, I'm afraid not. On the other hand I was able to go into Qnap and set up a new share which shows the recordings,

and then map that share to my PC. At least this way I can now move recordings around from my PC.

• Thanks 1