Movie looks like it starts but doesn't and stays at 0seconds

ggibson793
Go to solution Solved by ggibson793,

ggibson793

So I did some more testing and have some very strange results.

Again let me clarify that the only files that do not work are what is DVRd from live TV. Saved movies work, LiveTV works.

I have 3 Chromecasts, 1 TV with Chromecast built in, and 1 XBox One with the Emby App.  What I have discovered, is every Chromecast works on TV A but none of them work on any other TV. The Chromecast built in TV works, and the XBox works on every TV. Also all of our Android and iOS devices play just fine. It seems to be related to the Chromecast and which TV it is connected to. I attached some Emby logs, 2 different Chromecasts both tested on TV A (Works) and TV B (Does Not Work), as well as the Chromecast built it

DoesNotWork.zip Works.zip

• 2 weeks later...
ggibson793
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

@ggibson793 what exactly happens when you try to play these?

On the ones that don't work, it just goes to a black screen. On the app on the phone, the timer stays at 0 seconds. On the server dashboard, the now playing timer also stays at 0 seconds.

ggibson793

attached a short Sports Center file and several Emby logs. More testing, and still the only files that I am having trouble with are files that I DVRd from Live TV (HD HomeRun receiver), and only on Chromecast. Saved movies and live TV work on all devices, so I dont believe it to be my wifi network, although my router and APs have been rebooted multiple times.

ChromecastFailureChromecastFailure

ChromecastFailure.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
ggibson793

I hate to resurrect this, but its happening again, on the same TV that it was happening on before, no matter what chromecast I connect to it.

I think i figured out the cause. It seems that the Dolby Pro Logic receiver I am using is trying to go to the AC3 audio codec, where my other TVs go to the AAC audio codec. I figured out that if I use Emby's convert feature on the DVR'd video files to transcode the file to AAC, it will play on all of my Chromecasts.

Is there a way to have Emby automatically convert all new files in the DVR library folder rather than having to manually convert them before I want to watch? This is an option on the individual series' folders inside the DVR folder, but it seems that is not an option for individual files that don't get put in a series folder.

On 6/22/2022 at 4:38 PM, ggibson793 said:

I hate to resurrect this, but its happening again, on the same TV that it was happening on before, no matter what chromecast I connect to it.

I think i figured out the cause. It seems that the Dolby Pro Logic receiver I am using is trying to go to the AC3 audio codec, where my other TVs go to the AAC audio codec. I figured out that if I use Emby's convert feature on the DVR'd video files to transcode the file to AAC, it will play on all of my Chromecasts.

Is there a way to have Emby automatically convert all new files in the DVR library folder rather than having to manually convert them before I want to watch? This is an option on the individual series' folders inside the DVR folder, but it seems that is not an option for individual files that don't get put in a series folder.

@ggibson793

Hi there, can we please look at an example?. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!