App Crashing on playing 4k video more details in post

DarKni8
Go to solution Solved by DarKni8,

DarKni8

I think emby is not able to handle bitrate as its more than  100 Mbps.   because when i set the playback quality settings to auto it gives transcoding  reason as, bit rate exceeding limit. why emby cant handle this?  

DarKni8
1 hour ago, Raajul said:

I think emby is not able to handle bitrate as its more than  100 Mbps.   because when i set the playback quality settings to auto it gives transcoding  reason as, bit rate exceeding limit. why emby cant handle this?  

Lol not 100 Mbps but i dont know thats what i get in error message

17 hours ago, Luke said:

HI there @Raajul can we please look at an example?

Thanks !

If you can provide this information, then I can answer with more detail. Thanks.

DarKni8

1 hour ago, Luke said:  Hi, there's a chance this is improved in the 4.7 beta channel if you'd like to try that. Thanks.    Will have to see how i can do that on my seedbox, but will give it a try.

DarKni8

Same issue on web app here is log i dont want to create one more thread for this

So, i will tell u more about the strange behavior I observed with same file 

1) On Firefox mobile, direct play works fine

2) On android - Direct play Fails / with transcoding works 

3) on iPad - Direct play works fine

4) On chrome mobile - doesnt work with transcoding or anything stream doesnt start only

5) On android tv doesnt work / crash

6) Web app - direct play doesnt work , with transcoding it works

ffmpeg-transcode-4442e1eb-22ea-438d-aad7-3fae388d8b8b_1.txt

Edited by Raajul

HI, are you sure you provided the right log example? It is from the android app on your Samsung, but previously you said this:

2) On android - Direct play Fails / with transcoding works 

Shouldn't we be looking at this example?

5) On android tv doesnt work / crash

DarKni8

Its not working at multiple places luke but the logs are from android only. I was just telling you whats going on with same file on multiple devicss.

1 hour ago, Raajul said:

Its not working at multiple places luke but the logs are from android only. I was just telling you whats going on with same file on multiple devicss.

Can we please look at log file examples from android tv? Thanks !

DarKni8

Hi @Luke will try to provide logs for You soon i am out currently, but i have observed that if i go to settings > users and disable playback which requires transcoding option. the same file works perfect.   

5 hours ago, Raajul said:

Hi @Luke will try to provide logs for You soon i am out currently, but i have observed that if i go to settings > users and disable playback which requires transcoding option. the same file works perfect.   

That would be great, thanks.

DarKni8

Its strange but when i use emby web with firefox on my android mobile. Every error g9es away. I think its the chromium or this Particular browser engine which sucks. And Emby android is wrapper of wmby web i guess