Chrome Companion

techywarrior

techywarrior

Closing a connection would require additional API endpoints be created.

I can add a "hide" feature but I'll need to see if it's something that would require you to hide each one every time you loaded the companion (not very useful) or if I can make it semi permanent. It would be easy enough to add an option to always hide the companion in the active connections in the companion (wouldn't effect the actual web dashboard).

techywarrior

The companion is more to give you a quick overview of what is going on and let you do some basic maintenance. I don't want to completely rebuild the web dashboard since you can easily click the logo and open the dashboard to make additional changes or get more detail.

I did however add an option in the settings to hide the Chrome Companion from showing in the active connections list (only in the companion itself. This has no effect on the actual web dashboard).

I also added more information on the active connections tab. I don't want to keep persistent connection open so I'm not showing progress bars or transcode percentages. 

• 1 month later...

Each time I open icon, I have to press Mark Read twice to clear the first lot of unreads.

I see this on multiple PCs.

Anyone else ??

• 1 month later...
CBers

@@techywarrior - Even though I have "Hide self in active connections list" on, I still see the connection in the Emby Dashboard:

Capture1094.jpgCapture1095.jpg

Edited by CBers

techywarrior

@@CBers maybe the text is a little confusing but it hides itself from the list IN Chrome Companion (since if you are using the companion of course it is connected).

I can't make it not show on the server dashboard without a new API endpoint or some setting in the dashboard itself.

techywarrior

Luke, before it just showed itself in the list. But some people asked for a way to hide itself since it would always have to be listed. I guess they want to see who ELSE is connected to their server.

Not sure going back to always having it listed is a good idea. I would be more inclined to remove the option and always hide itself from the list.

• Like 1

techywarrior

lol, I thought you meant before (as in before the option was in place)

Would have made more sense, at least to me, if you said "remove the option and have it do that automatically".

• 5 months later...
techywarrior

@@Luke I noticed that my call to /Notifications/{user_id}?isRead=false is being changed to /News/Products

/Notifications is still listed in the Swagger API guide but is it deprecated? It doesn't seem to have the same functionality as /News/Products (I can't filter by unread and I can't specify a starting point if showing "page 2" of unread messages)

they're different. it just depends on whether you want news from the blog or general notifications which will have that and more

techywarrior

Hm, it was just weird because I am not calling /News/Products yet I saw it listed in the Chrome inspector. I thought maybe the server was doing a redirect and the call I was using was being deprecated.

Anyways, 1.8.1 is out which has the URL changed to /emby and I also fixed a bug where some people clicked "mark read" and it didn't take right away (pretty sure it's squished)

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
mediacowboy

Can the companion app be put back to going to the server address set up when clicking emby? As it stands now redirects to app.emby.media which I do not wish to use or setup.

The Chrome app is an alternative version of the online web app, and it has to use app.emby.media, sorry. However, let go of your perception that you'll always need an internet connection, because offline support is coming:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/37883-online-web-app-installable-and-offline

The companion extension for saving video links is less and important and that can do whatever you guys want. 

mediacowboy

I use the companion app a lot at work to check the status of the server and to keep if anything has changed at home. I also use it to go directly to the server.

Well the Chrome app that uses app.emby.media also goes directly to your server, so everything is exactly the same.

techywarrior

Can the companion app be put back to going to the server address set up when clicking emby? As it stands now redirects to app.emby.media which I do not wish to use or setup.

If you are referring to the Chrome Extension then go to settings and uncheck the option of using the hosted web client.

mediacowboy

If you are referring to the Chrome Extension then go to settings and uncheck the option of using the hosted web client.

Thanks. This is what I wanted. and it is worded as "Use local web client in header link".

• Like 1

techywarrior

Thanks. This is what I wanted. and it is worded as "Use local web client in header link".

I only wrote it. I can't be expected to remember it :)

• Like 3