Strange audio transcoding behavior on 1 set of movies

usnscpo

usnscpo

920+, Emby Premiere, Sony X900H 4k TV, Denon S930H receiver connected via arc/earc, Gig network.

I have several 4k movies encoded in Dolby TrueHD 7.1 which play flawlessly on my equipment without transcoding/remuxing.  I recently ripped the 4k 5 movie set of Transformer movies with makeMKV as I always do with all the other 4k movies.  For some strange reason, these movies trigger audio transcoding (as per stats for nerds - "audio format not supported").   Playback starts stuttering within about 30 seconds, and locks up within about a min.  Hope these logs tell the tale?  Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction towards a solution. Thx guys!

ffmpeg-transcode-5658ed37-d454-4dd9-bbab-44325e4e421e_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-c1742fc5-3e50-41ed-8640-da71ecce21fa_1.txt embyserver.txt

I believe the issue you're seeing is the Dolby Enhancement Layer causing issues as MakeMKV probably didn't get the conversion correct.
That's typically what the Skipping NAL unit 62/63 are.

Do you have any other programs you could use to try and rip the discs with?

usnscpo

I don't have another program at this time.  I downloaded DVDFab, but when I installed it, I felt like it was some form of malware with the way it presents itself and pushes for you to install "features" and such.  It put me off, frankly.  Any other suggestions for something that will do DVD, BluRay, & UHD?

Cheers!

usnscpo

@Happy:  This is greek to me, however, these disks are Dolby Vision & HDR10, if that makes a difference?

• 3 weeks later...
usnscpo

Just circling back to close the loop on this.  So even though my TV has eARC/HDMI 2.1 and can can pass TrueHD, my receiver is only ARC/HDMI 2.0, so it was triggering the transcode.  Solved by adding a Shield Pro > Receiver > TV.  Everything direct plays now.  Thanks for the insights!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1