Live-TV (HDHomeRun)

meddaugh

meddaugh

I have a HD Home Run device on the network.  LiveTV works fine with Android devices and TVs.  It does not play at all for Chrome.  I've attached the emby logs.  I did notice that if in the HD Home run "Transcode Configuration" if I uncheck the "Advertise native format"  that Emby plays ok in Chrome (sometimes, but buffers frequently).  The error the browser gets when playing is: 

Playback Error
No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

ffmpeg-transcode-af487f0c-adae-4cc1-a761-538860ab519b_1.txt  == a android playback one

It seems to be Direct Play on android devices as well as chrome (in windows and linux).  But the Chrome will only play if I uncheck the "Advertise native format".  Any thoughts to still allow native format?

Thanks.

---Eric

ffmpeg-transcode-af487f0c-adae-4cc1-a761-538860ab519b_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-9609bda9-5da6-4088-b033-77e848dd5898_1.txt emby.txt ffmpeg-transcode-69dc6d11-0e74-4bc1-9ede-10977675d815_1.txt

@meddaugh it looks like your server just can't transcode it quickly enough to be playable. I notice you customized your transcoding temporary files path. Can you try blanking that out to set it back to default?

meddaugh

Hmmm. I can try changing the transcoding path back, but the default location is on spining disks, while the path I choose is a ramdisk and part of memory, so odd it can't keep up for a browser.  I'll have to try that and get back.

meddaugh

I ran out of time to try before leaving town.  I do have SSD, but not that much space left.  When I get back I'll have to try again.