[AndroidTV] video problem

Bazzu85

Bazzu85
On 20/03/2022 at 16:52, Luke said:

Are you still having an issue with  this? Can you please try the latest update to our standard android app?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

@Luke please follow me...

1. the not h264/h265 are not playing well on tv, android tv app and standard android app

2. converting this content to h264 with handbrake make the video playing well on both app

3. forcing to transcode during the play, give error (see first posts)

4. we need a way to start this type of content NOT DIRECT PLAYING , to check if the transcode from the start works..

5. if point 4. works, this type of problem on this devices need to be isolated so the server can send this contents in transcode mode

Am I missing something?

Bazzu85

@Luke 

the problem is that emby assumes that my device (sony XH90) can play DIVX or XVID content but it don't..

how can I tell emby to not direct playing this contents?

42 minutes ago, Bazzu85 said:

how can I tell emby to not direct playing this contents?

Hi.  You can use the "Playback correction" option in the cog menu during playback.

15 hours ago, Bazzu85 said:

I replicated the same behaviour right now..

here's the logslogs 20220328 2248.zip

You played a single item and used the Playback correction twice and it produced all of those logs?

If you disable hardware transcoding on your server, does it work?

Bazzu85
On 29/03/2022 at 14:31, ebr said:

You played a single item and used the Playback correction twice and it produced all of those logs?

If you disable hardware transcoding on your server, does it work?

if you check the video carefully you see this steps:

- started playing the problematic video S01-E01-E02

- clicked on playback correction

- the client say's too many errors and jump to the next S01-E03-E04

- initialy if you check is "Direct" and suddenly "Transcod" and again "too many errors" and jump to next

When I sended the log I stopped the player at S01-E07-E08 I think...

And BTW disabling hardware transcoding have the same behaviour

Can you please turn off the auto episode queuing and just play one item until it fails and provide just the logs from that?

Thanks.

Bazzu85
5 hours ago, ebr said:

Can you please turn off the auto episode queuing and just play one item until it fails and provide just the logs from that?

Thanks.

here's. 20220330 2308.zip

disabling the queuing, after hitting the playback correction the popup "too many errors" appears and the player closed..

Hi.  Did you send the log from the app as well?

It is already transcoding so there isn't anywhere for it to fall back.  I notice HW accel is still on.  Usually, these types of issues can be eliminated by using software instead.  Can I see a log with the HW disabled?

Bazzu85
5 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Did you send the log from the app as well?

It is already transcoding so there isn't anywhere for it to fall back.  I notice HW accel is still on.  Usually, these types of issues can be eliminated by using software instead.  Can I see a log with the HW disabled?

yes, I re-enabled it after you asked to disable...

here's the log with:

- hardware transcoding disabled

- queuing disabled

20220331 0011.zip

edit: sended additionaly the logs from the app

Edited by Bazzu85

This could be a problem with the TV's decoders but it simply cannot deal with this video - even when transcoded.  Have you tried re-muxing or re-encoding it just to see if that fixes it?

Bazzu85
Just now, ebr said:

This could be a problem with the TV's decoders but it simply cannot deal with this video - even when transcoded.  Have you tried re-muxing or re-encoding it just to see if that fixes it?

I have 2 version of that episode..

the one transcoded to h264 with handbrake play's fine..

This is the reason why I asked how can I tell to emby that my tv doesn't support codec exept h264/h265..

1 minute ago, Bazzu85 said:

This is the reason why I asked how can I tell to emby that my tv doesn't support codec exept h264/h265

That wouldn't help in this instance.  We are already transcoding it to h264 and the device still cannot play it.

Bazzu85
54 minutes ago, ebr said:

That wouldn't help in this instance.  We are already transcoding it to h264 and the device still cannot play it.

We are testing the trascoding using the playback correction function.. the 

are you sure that the function is not broken?

You can see in your logs that we are transcoding to h264 but the device still cannot play the content.

4 hours ago, Bazzu85 said:

have you found something @ebr?

Hi.  Nothing beyond this at this time:

On 3/31/2022 at 8:49 AM, ebr said:

On 3/21/2022 at 12:17 PM, Bazzu85 said:

@Luke please follow me...

1. the not h264/h265 are not playing well on tv, android tv app and standard android app

2. converting this content to h264 with handbrake make the video playing well on both app

3. forcing to transcode during the play, give error (see first posts)

4. we need a way to start this type of content NOT DIRECT PLAYING , to check if the transcode from the start works..

5. if point 4. works, this type of problem on this devices need to be isolated so the server can send this contents in transcode mode

Am I missing something?

Can you try side loading the latest version of the standard app and see how that compares? Thanks.

Bazzu85
On 08/04/2022 at 23:30, Luke said:

Can you try side loading the latest version of the standard app and see how that compares? Thanks.

Sideloaded 3.2.45.

trying the usual test file:

• Emby try always to direct play
  • The video problem remains as usual on the tv

I tried to force the transcode changing the quality from the player options and the app is able to reproduce the transcoded content.. the android tv app trying to transcode fails as usual..

This can be an initial workaround. Not a solution obviously. The solution is definitely start this content in transcode mode, and not in direct play..

thanks

Edited by Bazzu85

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like we should be able to solve this client side within the app.  Mpeg4 is not a complex format. I would think the device can handle it with software decoding if the hardware decoder doesn't handle it very well.

The hard part is making the decision whether to do that or not.

Does this happen with all divx or do you have some that play fine?