TV series is recording all the time but I never set it up

gene0915

gene0915

For some weird/bizarre reason, Emby is hell bent on recording all episodes of "Hondo".

To try and make it stop, I just now unchecked all the TV channels that my HDHR is picking up around me except for the ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW. I double checked and my Emby account is the only one that has access to schedule TV recordings and I -never- set that series to record. Clicking on the 3 dots in the bottom right doesn't bring up any sub-menu. Right now, it's actively recording and I can't find a single way to cancel it.

Update: the recording finished, I deleted the folder it created and went into Emby's admin page and removed the TV recordings library. But, when I go back into Series.... I still see Hondo sitting there. How in the world do I nuke that thing completely?

image.png.316b4e1d35d23abe1f10bd6ca18d62e5.png

EDIT: If I go into the Schedule tab, there is nothing in there.

EDIT 2: I deleted the TV tuner and the guide data. Restarted the server and added the HDHR back in and refreshed guide data. Hondo popped right back in and is now on the Schedule tab but, no way to kill it. Clicking on the 3 dots in the bottom right does nothing.

image.thumb.png.54077654a939c1f899efa618d05a5f3d.png

embyserver.txt

embyserver2.txt

Edited by gene0915

gene0915
30 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, try clicking on the series and then cancelling the series recording.

When I click on the 3 dots (more).... nothing happens. When I click on the actual 'poster art', I get to this screen:

image.thumb.png.d0166da90cef9045bc9c995df283abce.png

.....and there is nothing I can click on to cancel/delete it.

gene0915
On 1/23/2022 at 10:18 PM, Luke said:

Strange. Haven't seen that before. We'll try to chase it down. Thanks.

Any luck on chasing down this bug? I'm fine with completely blowing away Emby on my Linux server and reinstalling from scratch if need be. But, I'm on the fence about doing that because what happens if the bug returns? (All that work for zip.)

gene0915
On 2/2/2022 at 6:34 PM, Luke said:

Does it continue to add new entries to the schedule?

As of right now, no but it still shows up under 'Series' with no way to nuke it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, here is something you can try pretty quickly.

Shut down Emby Server.
With the server shutdown, navigate to the above location you zipped the files from and rename seriestimers.json to seriestimers.json-backup or similar.

Restart Emby Server and perform a guide refresh.

Do you still see these "Hondo" episodes setup to record?

gene0915
9 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, here is something you can try pretty quickly.

Shut down Emby Server.
With the server shutdown, navigate to the above location you zipped the files from and rename seriestimers.json to seriestimers.json-backup or similar.

Restart Emby Server and perform a guide refresh.

Do you still see these "Hondo" episodes setup to record?

Carried out the requested steps and........... Hondo appears to finally be gone! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gene0915 said:

Carried out the requested steps and........... Hondo appears to finally be gone! :)

Awesome, glad that worked for you!