Adding date to recorded episode

vdrover

vdrover

I record BBC World News each night on PBS via OTA/antenna. Each day, the file name is always the same: `BBC World News (2021)/BBC World News 1991-03-11`.

The date in the filename is from the first episode I guess. 

This works fine, but Emby thinks each episode is the same, and always shows that i've watched the episode (I assume that info is in the database somewhere).

Is there a way to append the recording date to the file name for this show only? Maybe that will help with detecting watched vs unwatched shows.

emveepee

How do they look in NextPVR?  I suspect that is the original air date for the show and Emby is crafting up something incorrectly

Also are you sure that is the filename, NextPVR would typically use the recording date.

martin

vdrover

I had never heard of NextPVR until today! wow. I'll sort that our and circle back.

Edited by vdrover

emveepee

Typically you wouldn't if you use IPTV or one of the few supported  devices but you did post in the NextPVR sub-forum.

Moderator please move this thread.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 5:46 PM, vdrover said:

Emby EPG.

OK, the next time this happens with a recording, please capture a screenshot of the program details in the web app, and also provide the emby server log from the time of the recording and we'll take a look. Thanks.

Can you show a screenshot of one of these from the guide data before it gets recorded? I need to determine if the 1991 came from the guide data. Thanks.

emveepee

As I noted at beginning news programs which are not series often have the Original Air date when the show started, nothing to to do with the individual broadcasts.  Same with SH recordings from Gracenote.

Martin

On 2/10/2022 at 2:31 PM, emveepee said:

As I noted at beginning news programs which are not series often have the Original Air date when the show started, nothing to to do with the individual broadcasts.  Same with SH recordings from Gracenote.

Martin

OK so what we'll do is ignore this value, and that should prevent this issue going forward.

If you're on Emby Server 4.6, this change will be in the upcoming 4.7 server release.

If you're on the 4.7 beta channel, I'll have an update to the Emby Guide Data plugin published shortly. Thanks.

• Like 1

vdrover

@LukeIn my case, there will now no date on the file. So all the files will have the same filename. I suspect that will cause the same problem as my original post. 

Wouldn't it be better to ignore the date of the first episode (as you describe able) AND then also add the recorded date? Maybe the year as the subfolder instead of the season (Please does this for sports I think). That way, 2 news programs will appear to be different episodes?

Perhaps something like this:

BBC World News (2021)
-- Season 2022
----BBC World News (2021) - S2022E2022-02-14
----BBC World News (2021) - S2022E2022-02-15
----BBC World News (2021) - S2022E2022-02-16

Thoughts?

40 minutes ago, vdrover said:

@LukeIn my case, there will now no date on the file. So all the files will have the same filename. I suspect that will cause the same problem as my original post. 

Wouldn't it be better to ignore the date of the first episode (as you describe able) AND then also add the recorded date? Maybe the year as the subfolder instead of the season (Please does this for sports I think). That way, 2 news programs will appear to be different episodes?

Perhaps something like this:

Thoughts?

If it actually has a season and episode number then that will provide uniqueness. If not then the current date will go into the file name.

• Like 1