errors when grabbing subtitles

byakuya32

Hi, when exactly does this happen? While trying to download subtitles, or after the download has completed?

byakuya32

the errors happen after the download has completed and even when restarting it gives that error whenever trying to play the srt file that emby downloaded

byakuya32
Just now, Luke said:

Are you able to play the same subtitles using the web app?

no. If I go to a site and download them and put them in the folder it works its just when Emby downloads them that its a problem.

byakuya32
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

What are the contents of the downloaded file?

subtitles(text) and timestamps of when to display the text on the screen when the movie is playing. Just when using the download feature for subtitles in emby I get errors.

byakuya32
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

What are the contents of the downloaded file?

I don't know why I can go direct to open subtitles and download it but get errors when I download the same file with the search for subtitles feature in emby.

Junglejim

Which subtitle provider are you using? If it's opensubtitles, that site has been hacked and it's all of a bit of a mess right now. Hopefully Emby will support the new .com site they have set up in the next update (the .org site is at end of life, I think it still works you just have to reset your password etc...)

byakuya32
Just now, Junglejim said:

Which subtitle provider are you using? If it's opensubtitles, that site has been hacked and it's all of a bit of a mess right now. Hopefully Emby will support the new .com site they have set up in the next update (the .org site is at end of life, I think it still works you just have to reset your password etc...)

it is open subtitles the other sources don't seem to grab with emby only open subtitles

Junglejim

Ok, did you login to opensubtitles and follow there recommendations to reset your password etc.. ?

You could create a new account on the .com site but that wont work with emby until the plugin is updated. So just rest your password on the old .org site and hopefully that should get you  some subs. :)

Then add the update password to the subs settings in emby.

byakuya32
11 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Ok, did you login to opensubtitles and follow there recommendations to reset your password etc.. ?

You could create a new account on the .com site but that wont work with emby until the plugin is updated. So just rest your password on the old .org site and hopefully that should get you  some subs. :)

Then add the update password to the subs settings in emby.

that worked I wasn't aware that they were hacked